Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

When new V3 comes out, download or wait?

cadman_us

When the new version 3 comes out, are you going to download or wait and get feedback from other users?

I'm going to download, simply to see if I can do it. Then, I will run through my test garden. I will give my feedback on whether I like Two ro Three best. Hopefully, I will be able to go back to V-2 if I want to. Somehow, I think I'll be able to. Maybe downloading Version Three will be akin to buying a new detector and I SUE like doing that!!!!

I would thinks tha its possible to switch programmes at trhe press of a button if you wish as we can with the original set up and the current V2 programmes.:thumbup: Jerry.

First I'll have to see what the upgrade offers. If there's something which will benefit me, which I'm sure there will be, I'll download it ASAP.

Kevin B. said:
Kevin B. said:
I SUE like doing that!!!!
Sorry about my spelling. I didn't mean "SUE". I meant "SO". Just wanted to clear that up as "SUE" is a bad word.

Unless SUE is your girlfriend. :rolleyes:

The V3.0 will have been tested pretty throughly - more so than most other software driven units of late. There will be a list of what the features are and you can decide to go with it or not.

The ability to reinstall V2.0 will be there if desired but the option to switch between them will not be there as you need to update the software in all three components when you do the upgrade.

A word of caution - and I am not admitting anything :clsoedeyes: - but make sure you jot down the settings of any custom programs you have saved since when you upgrade, anything you have saved will be lost if you dont . . .and there is no prompt asking if you are sure you want to do it :unsure:

Andy

Thanks for the heads up Andy.

Andy Sabisch said:
A word of caution - and I am not admitting anything :clsoedeyes: - but make sure you jot down the settings of any custom programs you have saved since when you upgrade, anything you have saved will be lost if you dont . . .and there is no prompt asking if you are sure you want to do it :unsure:

Andy

Good thing to know. Thanks for the (possible :clsoedeyes:) heads up.:cheers:

Joe

Andy Sabisch said:
The V3.0 will have been tested pretty throughly - more so than most other software driven units of late. There will be a list of what the features are and you can decide to go with it or not.

The ability to reinstall V2.0 will be there if desired but the option to switch between them will not be there as you need to update the software in all three components when you do the upgrade.

Andy

Andy,
What do you mean by 3 components? Control box, back phones, and ? Coil?

Thanks...

What do you mean by 3 components? Control box, back phones, and ? Coil?

When you do the upgrade you will need to download the software file first. Then you will be prompted to turn on the control unit (but this also means AND the headphones). Then you plug in the USB cable and click the prompt. The process then updates the software which is in the coil, the control unit and the headphones.

If you do the upgrade and do not have the headphones turned on, they will no longer pair with the coil / control unit. They solution is to redo the upgrade process (don't ask how I know that :rage: ). If you have a pair of both the WS4 and WS5 headphones, make sure they are BOTH turned on before you connect the USB cable and click GO or again, you have to redo the upgrade process.

The process is really pretty simple and takes just a few minutes but make sure you have all three (or 4 if you have two sets of headphoones) components at the computer when you plug in the USB cable (the one between the computer and the control unit). If you have a Deus Lite and no control unit, your dealer can do the upgrade or simply find a fellow hunter with the control unit and update yours that way.

The final version will have the ability to revert back to V2.0 for those that may want to option altough not sure why when you are getting enhanced plus new features not a different detector

Hope this clarifies the upgrade process

Andy

I'm all in the minute it gets released!! Once Andy said you could (if wanted) revert/flash back....its a no brainer.

Andy,

How will this work if you have both coils and only one can be paired at a time? Will I have to install twice, once with each coil paired to the control unit?

Joe

But again, it takes less 5 minutes for the entire process including downloading the file to install which you would not need to repeat

I had the 1.2 version when I got my Deus, downloaded the 2.0 version with remote and headphones on, coil wasn't in same room. download installed ,coil works , got large coil after just put serial number in remote, coil works fine, i don't think the coil has the electronics the remote and headphnes has, plus no mention in download instuctions of haveing the coil present, just the remote and headphone.