Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

When searching old farm land be sure you are in crop fields

jabbo

and not in portions of land that was cleared strictly for fire wood. The crop field portions is where the old coins are, the fire wood portions have almost no old coins, maybe a few modern coins and pull tabs. Jabbo

Admittedly i've searched few farm fields. The ones i have searched produced only broke-off pieces of farm equipment.
If you're gonna search a farm field IMO it has to have had a history such as a one room school house, fairgrounds, homestead or church on it at one time.

I dug up lots of 1700's King George pennies/half pennies in old crop fields at farms. Some of the land was for firewood only and never was planted. Today, the firewood section may have younger trees than the surrounding woods.

My area wasn't heavily settled til mid to late 1800s which leaves out any King George's.
If i found a King George around here i think i'd........

Most of the agriculture back in the 1700s was done by a farmer walk plowing behind a beast of burden and planting by hand. Which means a greater chance of dropping coins, etc. Adding to that, a crop field today located on one of the Eastern States might of had homesteads, etc. on it which were'nt indicated on the crude if any maps back then.

Here, agriculture didn't take off in a big way until the early 1900s which means mechanized farm machinery which means less coin drops in the crop fields but plenty of broken off iron farm machinery pieces to be found. The few pioneers that first settled here lived off hunting game which was abundant and eventually planted small crop plots.

Location, location, location.