Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

When Tesoro releases a new detector, I hope

Dan-o

they keep it a huge secret up to the day it is released so we don't have the same thing happen here as what is going on in the Garrett forum. It's getting nasting over there at times.

Dan-o, I agree with you. I stop in once in a while to see what is going on there and they are all hyped up about the new AT PRO detector from Garretts. The features of the new detector is nothing earth shaking that other detectors don't already have, but it is funny to read all the stuff the machine will do when nobody has even had one in there hands much less hunted with one.

I think the only real innovation is being waterproof. That should be the standard for every manufacturer to strive for. As for it's performance, wasn't the Ace hyped like that too? I fell for it and was very disappointed.

Now that I think of it, the ability to shut off that bing-bong is probably the second biggest innovation on that machine. Oh yeah, it's not green either.

I visit about all of forums except Garrett so I don't have any idea whats going on there. I bought an Ace after reading all the hub bub about them and couldn't get rid of it quick enough, have no desire to get an AT or whatever its called, I'm happy with what Tesoro has to offer and willing to bet that if Tesoro comes out with a new detector or two it will be worth the wait. Nothing against Garrett, they are a great company and have good support, I'm just not into any of their detectors that I have tried (except the Freedom Ace Plus I bought years ago). Steve.

Same folks posting the same hype at all the forums to drive the sales up. Easy money for the dealers
especially now with x-mas coming up. Perfect release date. Just dare to post something negative or
question the AT performance and they jump on you. Have to keep the frenzy alive to keep those
pre-orders coming in........

It's repeat of what the "Mayor and Magnum" were pulling here at the Tesoro forum with the Cibola and Vac.
when it first came out. Wonder where those two are now, they came in fast and hard for a number of months then
faded away.........

There's Tesoro made to fit everyone's needs and hunting styles at a price point that is affordable.

Hi Steve,

I had a Garrett Freedom Ace Plus 2 and it was a great machine. It had the dual discriminator just like the Tejon. That was the last Garrett I ever liked.

Dan

I too would like to see a Tejon that is waterproof. Maybe with multi tone also.

Let's not be too hard on those Garrett guys. After all , they deserve a lot of credit. They have actually created two new forums. The AT Pro Forum is for a detector that isn't even out yet and the second we could call the Speculation Forum, a place where a detector could be anything we desire it to be, no matter how outrageous the claims. In all fairness though, Garrett does make good detectors. I don't have one because there isn't anything in their lineup that appeals to me. And I can't say that I'm staunchly brand loyal because I have detectors from Tesoro, White's, Bounty Hunter, Fisher and Compass. I just think that things have gotten a little ridiculous over there at the Garrett Forum.

Garrett are excellent units, had enough of them since the first Master Hunter. They may not have had the
depth as many others but, they sure operated smooth. Guess I am still particular to the older late
70's to middle 80's units. I was pretty happy with the Gti 1500 and 2500 in non mineralized soils. After moving
south to Ga, they had to go. Now that I am back north, I am tending to regress back into the early 1980's.
I really like the D-Tex Sk-Ck units, they were based on the Garrett Groundhog and Master Hunters. With features
that later found their way onto the Garrett ADS 2 and 3 units. Gold Mountain also produced a VIP unit that was
similar to the D-Tex as the son of Bill Mahan (D-Tex) bought out Gold Mountain....They are non-motion VLF/TR Disc
machines with a slow auto switch, sort of like a ultra slow motion when used. They sure fun to use and still find
the Goodies after all these years. I just picked up a D-Tex RS200 hip mount unit with 3 coils. Maybe able to pick it up
from my parents within the next week or so.

I hope Garrett has a winner and would love to see Tesoro come out with a new winner...you can't get any smaller than a Umax.

Tesoro needs to make another compact detector, instead of a square-ish box, how about a long thin rectangular box like the
Minelab Excalibur is round. It could be housed under the forearm like Minelabs Explorer battery case. Would make a great all terrain
back packable unit.

Pictured below is a PCB made using the White's Surfmaster PI schematics (I did not make it).
attachment.php

It is fun to read all the stuff about what the new garretts detector will do over on the garrett forum. Claiming the AT PRO will make all other detectors obsolete is crazy. All the hype is gonna sell some detectors for garrett but I wouldn't expect too much from the detector personally. It's waterproof to 10' supposedly but what happens if you take it 12' deep.....does it leak? My guess is a very small percentage of buyers will ever take it into the water to hunt, so being waterproof isn't that big of deal. I have owned 3 garretts detectors, a master hunter cx II, GTA 350, and a gta 1000 and none of them had any depth that could compare to my Fisher detectors so I got rid of them. I'll stick with my Tesoro's and Fisher cz5....they get the job done.

You can say that again Dan! Thanks for watching my back in that forum from the defensive detectorists.
Take Care
HH
Jason

bing bong!..bing bong!..garrett trademark!.."puke" color green!
sounds and looks almost like a child's toy!

(h.h!)
j.t.

First off I am loyal to good detectors and not detector brands. The Garrett GTAx-1250 I have has been a good companion to my Minelab Sovereign GT. I think the problem with the Garrett guys is that even they know that the Garrett lineup has never been viewed as Professional detectors by the general detectorist crowd. Look at the big national detector competion winners. You never see Garrett in the top tier and there must be a reason for that. Like I said my Garrett has served me well for my tot lot and school ground excursions, but My Sovereign GT is what I turn to when I need to get serious. I think that the Garrett guys have been secretly insecure all these years with their yellow and green machines, and now that they have something black and "professional" they are all defensive like a kid who never had a good toy who suddenly gets a good toy and no one cares that he has it.
I took a lot of flack for headphone questions from longtime Garrett users who usually are level headed guys. In closing I will most likely upgrade my GTAx-1250 to an AT PRO. I think it will be a good machine for jewelry at 15kHz and it will serve me well in freshwater lakes. But in no way do i think it will be all that and the invention of penicillin.

PS I wish Tesoro would do two things
1) get it's act together with a new freshwater machine.
2) Upgrade the Golden Saber with equal the power of the Tejon.

Take Care
HH
Jason.

garrett had a nice unit in the "groundhog" back in the 70's
knew many people that did well with that particular unit.
i really have nothing against garrett,however i was always put off by the
'stupid,(to me) green color,and the ridiculous "bong-bong" tone...also
i believe garrett "got behind the curve a little bit" because it appeared that charlie was
(is) more concerned with 'chasing" the "security" part of the business.in my view though,garrett does make the best pinpointer
out there,and it ain't "puke" color green!

(h.h!)
j.t.

Wow. I though of the mayor today when thinking how crazy things are at the Garrett forum.

jmaryt said:
garrett had a nice unit in the "groundhog" back in the 70's
knew many people that did well with that particular unit.
i really have nothing against garrett,however i was always put off by the
'stupid,(to me) green color,and the ridiculous "bong-bong" tone...also
i believe garrett "got behind the curve a little bit" because it appeared that charlie was
(is) more concerned with 'chasing" the "security" part of the business.in my view though,garrett does make the best pinpointer
out there,and it ain't "puke" color green!

(h.h!)
j.t.
I am getting the feeling that you don't care for the color green too much J.T. lol. I like green and actually like the color yellow but that bing bong is another story, it is enough to make a preacher swear.

I had great success with both the Groundhog and the old big box Deepseekers, really liked them. I just haven't found anything in the Garrett lineup in the past few ywars that appealed to me. Like Sven, I really enjoy using the older machines and have some from Compass, White's and Fisher that I use regularly. Just plain FUN!!