Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

When to dig or Not to dig numbers

stateguyt

I really try and hunt in and open screen on the beach ( not a land hunter. But maybe soon if I don’t start finding more gold)
When I get numbers say in the 30s (1st number) and say 47 (2nd number) and the cursor on the bottom is that always iron or junk
People more less say to look at the second number to id the target
I am not sure if my target trace or target trace pinpoint are working( have both on) because I don’t see anything onscreen

Also when digging a deep target i here a faint click one way (is that usually junk)
BeCause I never retrieve the target
I will be the first to admit I don’t really know the machine that well

your VDI display has 2 components. FE and CO. The first number is the iron response, the second is the conductive response. Any time you have a very high FE number, you are going to have an iron target. The CO number can be anywhere, but its more often in high numbers also for iron. You cant focus on just one aspect. Even hunting the beaches I still have the highest levels of FE response rejected. Until you learn the machine better, dont focus on clicks or crappy sounding targets. Just put it in jewelry mode, enable sea-water if you are hunting ocean beaches, and dig everything that doesnt have a strong FE# and gives you repeatable responses.

STRONGLY suggest you read Andy Sabisch's book on the CTX 3030 and read it several times and apply that knowledge to your great detector. I have read it 3x, have notes all over it and the book has more dog ears than a kennel. Also memorize the Owner's manual. When you understand your detector better and put in the time you'll start finding gold. But until then, for you it is just a crap-shoot.

Hint; you have one of the best discriminating machines out there but by running it wide open all the time you're digging a LOT of unnecessary junk and probably getting frustrated. Also, one of the developers scanned 1,000 pieces of (gold) jewelry with the CTX 3030 and ALL the gold jewelry response numbers were placed on the 12 line. So if you're looking for gold...

Gold - 14
Silver - 17