Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

where and how do you find collectors

lasser

can anyone tell me where and how to in find collectors for the artifacts, old coins, jewelry, etc!. I find... I am trying to avoid E-Bay, etc!..
thanks for the help...

See my response to you in the "cash for gold" thread. I think you are jumping the gun a bit with new entry into this hobby in terms of what to expect, unless you have access to private land that is virgin ground and has the potential for some real valuable old finds like say civil war relics for example. This hobby is great, but if you've got the notion to get into it by watching those shows on TV then you are in for a rude surprise about how this hobby really is in terms of monentary potential for most people.

thanks for your input...your thoughts and advise are appreciated.
I did see your responce in CASH FOR GOLD and replied...

I give you credit sir, you do know what your are talking about and honest.

I might add that I am not as dense as I may seem about this whole subject.

good hunting!

Sorry if you thought I was implying that. Not my intent. I just saw that you just registered and, combined with the eager questions about where to cash in valuable stuff, figured you *might* be one of the new people who got into this hobby seeing those pie in the sky TV shows on it. I must admit that even a certain unnamed company has ran commercials making it sound like your detector will tell you if the target is trash or treasure. Just not the case for gold, and even though you can tend to get a good idea when a target might be a coin, you still have to dig a lot of iffy coin hits to hope to find more silver and other old coins at pounded out sites, which means digging a lot of iron and other junk that gives off a fake semi-coin hit. Just the nature of VLF technology.

But if this hobby was easy there wouldn't be any challenge, and everybody would be doing it so the finds would have been picked over easily years ago. Just like fishing, some days you cath'em and some days you don't.

Critterhunter gave you "GOOD" solid thoughts and factual experience observations about Metal Detecting.

Sure...you may find a very valuable object/coin ....... but in truth most likely not. Treat it as a HOBBY and you will have many hours of fun looking for that elusive great find.

The mystery of the hunt is what makes it fun and even exciting for all of us.. Good luck in your quest for treasure.......

Hope you share with us your experiences along the way , and I hope you have a nice time while detecting..

yes!...."critterhunter" does goive good input and honest comments

The show on T.V. "American Diggers" should be banned as it is as phony as the ex wrestler that is on it, I watched it a couple of times and refuse to watch it again. I think that if a real show and honest events were to be shown it would give people a better input and idea of just what metal detecting is really like., like showing them as you state it is just a hobby and not the "gold mine" they try to make you believe it is on that show so people would not go out and buy a expensive metal detector plus all the accessaries needed then find out it aint what most are led to believe.

People like you and "critterhunter" are a credit to the hobby of metal detecting as you are you are not touting riches and you enjoy the hobby as a hobby and basicly tell it like it is....I enjoy the hobby for the history you can dig up and the excitement of the hunt I am not a coin hunter altho I find coins as well as everyone else but as we both know very few coins are worth their weight in monetary return unless they are extremely rare, you have to hunt for years to find enuf coins to pay for your detector unless you are very lucky ! for instances: other than some 1943 and 1944 pennies and double stamped, etc!, average 100 year old pennies retail value about .15 cents roughly unless they are a rare one doubled stamped,etc!...silver coins unless rare maybe $3.00, unless saved for years then sold for silver price. As you say metal detecting is a fun hobby and a healthy one just dont get your hopes up. I think you and "critterhunter "state this very well.

I live in KY and there is no gold in KY and no beaches!

Thank you for your reply and good hunting.