Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Where are tthe APEXs?

Haven't seen any out yet. There still preorder at Kellyco. I want to see an ace apex and ace 400 side by side test and also against the at pro.

I sent an email to Kellyco this morning asking about a date when they will start filling orders. They answer emails quickly. That is good. A good business. This is their reply::

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Kellyco Metal Detectors, It is our pleasure to help you. We are here to provide the best customer service possible for our customers. Not as of yet, but we are winding down and should be getting more information as it moves along.

If you have any additional questions or if I can be of any further assistance, please let me know.

Thank you,
Dave

They are on the way to consumers now. My APEX is scheduled to arrive on Monday the 31st, and it doesn't need to be a waterproof detector, either. I'm sure Garrett will bring out a newer waterproof unit for those who want them, but the bulk of the consumers are land-based hunters and only need a land-based detector. They also need a choice from one or two smaller-size search coils, and that's what I hope Garrett engineers are working on. The 'Viper' 6X11 DD is a blend of a mid-size coil and a larger-size coil and that's too big for working trashier areas, especially if most of the debris is ferrous-based.

I'm looking forward to putting the APEX & Viper coil through the paces at several sites I have pre-determined will make a good set of challenges for evaluation. To my benefit, too, we get out of our high heat by the end of the week and see a shift to more late-summer to fall temperatures starting next week. I like the Garrett Z-Lync headphone and pinpointer system and I hope the APEX performance with them is good as I got the Z-Lync package APEX. A friend has an AT Pro and an AT Max I can borrow for some side-by-side work using only Garrett models, and I'll put it up against several competitive units in my own Detector Outfit.

It's good to finally see a newer development from Garrett and I hope it works as well to match its good looks.

Monte

Don't know about your area Monte but when it's hot and dry around here, the guys go wading for jewelry and coins. Only way to go.

"Dancer": Don't know about your area Monte but when it's hot and dry around here, the guys go wading for jewelry and coins. Only way to go.

In my younger and more mobile days I would do some beach hunting and some wading to about knee deep. Oregon coast ocean now and then, but mainly rivers and a couple of lake or reservoir areas. I lived in the greater Portland Oregon metro area most of my life, unfortunately, and while we had some hot days, it was generally moderate temperatures, cloudy, and too many rainy days for me to enjoy. I had ample shad from the many very tree-filled parks and other locations when it was hot, and sine I didn't come will gills and never learned to swim, I didn't get in the water all that often nor very deep. Mainly hunted the dry to wetted areas.

Getting around with a cane since March of '93 also kept me off most beached with sand and very loose material because canes and sand don't get along well. Nor do I know with very impaired mobility, especially the last couple of years. Any beach work I do now is where I can park close, and the freshwater sites have hard-packed ground and no sand. And while I used to routinely get out to high desert ghost towns during the summer with temps ranging from 95° to 106° and handle a full-day hunt, I haven't been able to do that for the past twenty years, and in the last five-to-ten years I am finding this old phart just can't handle higher heat like I use to. Time is pent in my house, AC at 70° or so, and I hold out for very early mornings when it's cooler. Really looking ahead to the next week when we start to shift to milder late-summer temps and fall weather coming in a few short weeks.

Even with that it's still been a struggle the last year or so with more hampered mobility and I know my detecting days are numbered. But by Sunday to Tuesday we drop to the 72° to 84° range after we finish off this week in the mid-to-upper 90's, and I have two detectors arriving Monday, one being the Apex, and I'll be ready to assemble and head to a couple of sites to put it to work. I live in Vale, Oregon which is on the far eastern side of the state, in high desert farmland, ranchland, rangeland type environment, so no saltwater hunting until mid-September. I sure hope the Garrett team has done well on this one.

Monte

Dancer, I'm one of those guys that don't want a water proof detector. I liked the at pro but to use my killer B's headphones I had to buy an adapter $ more money. and it was harder for me to hookup different coils (not much room) and when you switch coils like I do it's a pain. I emailed Garrett and told them it would be nice to have a detector like the at pro but without being water proof, I did not get a reply, that was in 2012. I sold my at pro and got a non water proof detector. Why pay for water proof when you don't want it or don't need it. I'm happy it works for you. Now this Apex is something I'm really interested in so I'm waiting for Monte to get his and run some test. I'v been in this hobby since the early 70's. I'm retired now so the lightweight, multi frequency, large display screen just to name a few looks real good to me.

Part of an email I got from KellyCo today:

"Good afternoon. I'm excited to let you know that we received our first shipment of the Garrett Apex today, and once our receiving department checks everything in, we are ready to ship your order."

I was told mine should arrive tomorrow by my local dealer.

Jeremy Floyd of KellyCo said they are shipping ones without head phones this week. They will receive two shipments with head phones from Garrett next week and will start shipping them then.

Mine arrived missing the flap the covers the recharge port. Contents looked disturbed when we unboxed it. He has four more coming so I will have to return this. Check yours. Thanks

Today is Sept. 1st. Can't seem to get info on when my pre-paid Apex will ship to me. Not the dealers fault as he can't seem to get anything concrete about shipping. Communication is terrible but the hype is good. I 'm slowly dying of old age.