Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Where can I get an upper shaft for a Sovereign GT?

I bought a GT that was just the coil and box. So I had to search for the other stuff to make it useable. I wanted a straight shaft for mine and ended up buying the Anderson gold model for mine. This will get you the shaft and grip like what you are wanting. You will still have to track down a set of arm cuffs and the mount, and a lower rod. I got both on eBay but was able to use a spare lower rod from a Nokta detector and it worked perfect. Plugger also makes a rod for the Sovereign that comes with a cuff on it...his are hipmount rods though. You will be able to bypass the mount but have to get some kind of bag to hold the control box. OR you can get the arm cuff replacement for a GPX detector, and then get the detector mount...and that will enable the hipmount shaft to be used like a normal straight rod. I think the standard Minelab rod and cuff is around $50 or so. The others are a little more expensive.

Thanks. I did do some checking around. My Elite was hip mounted as I only could mount the box by the hand grip on the S shaft and I didn't like it. I ended up ordering the mount that connects to the arm rest. It arrived today and now I have the control box mounted to the rear of the S shaft. So far it's OK and I'm going to go with it for awhile and see how it works out.