Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Where did everyone go?

Bill W.

I am starting to feel like no one but Pineapple and myself are out hunting and posting about our outings... :cry: I got a chance to get out yesterday with the Explorer and T2. I ended the day with a nice silver religious pendant, silver (?) ring, 1944 war nickel, 34 wheaties, and 12 clad. I also found a key with a rusty piece of something sticking through the hole of it. It hit on the T2 hard and ignored the piece of rusty whatever. Using the T2 at a new site has helped me alot at getting used to the machine. I used the T2 in a trashy part of the site yesterday and it did a excellent job especially considering the coil size. Some things that stick out to me about the T2 are is a don't dig hardly any iron. If I dig iron it's round which all detectors will hit on. By using the T2 at this site, where there's an abundance of coins, I've also discovered 'most' of the bouncy targets (which I figured was the case) are trash targets. Coins for me bounce about 5-6 numbers (at most). If I keep swinging on trash it will drop and hit lower numbers but still bounce into the higher numbers. I was also digging small copper looking round things (bb sized) at 6 inches. So, the T2 can definitely pickup small targets at decent depths. I got to go load up for a little hunt today. I hope everyone gets out too!

-Bill

-Bill

-Bill

We got out a few weeks ago before the snows returned, but all I found was nothing much worth bragging about. Then 4 more inches of snow arrived followed by a foot+. In the midst of this return to winter, my wife's father suddenly passed. She and her dad were very close and we were wondering if we could get out of the snow to attend his funeral! The snow's thawing but has turned all to mud, but is still frozen beneath. Today it was nice weather, but I had to get firewood, then it rained, which is now falling rapidly as fat, wet snow flakes.

Meanwhile, I've noticed a "coil problem" that I finally tracked to an intermittent wire inside the coil. Dave Johnson agees, and wants my T2 back for destructive testing of the coil and matching a new coil to my control box, so I'll be out of action a little while longer due to that.

It's not from lack of desire to hunt that I don't have much to report, I wish I were out there swinging, believe me! I'm still checking here daily and and posting replies where I can contribute some small tidbit of info that might help those that are able to hunt.

So, if you see a post titled "Found a zinc penny!!!" it might well be from me!

hh-Ed

Ed you and your family have my heartfelt condolences. I certainly can understand where you're coming from. Man, I don't know how you snowbound people do it. I don't believe I could stand being locked in and not being able to get out and do what I want.:sad: Just these cold (at least I call them that) where the temps have been around 35-38deg is enough for me. Sure am glad the afternoons are warmer. Sorry to hear about your T2 also. What was it doing to make you think it was going bad? When bad luck comes down on you it sure does pour....remind me never to detect real close to you should we ever hook up for a hunt in the future.....especially if you're having a bad day.;)

Ed,

You and your wife have my heartfelt sympathies. I lost my dad when I was 9 years old. It taught me early in life not to get caught up in the little things and enjoy life. I was going to put an exception in for you why we hadn't heard much from you. I knew SD had been pounded with snow lately. Living in PA, I know all too well how much a pain snow can be. December was horrible for snow around here... which isn't the norm. January and February are usually research months. But, after December it's been very mild for the most part. It's the first time I can remember detecting almost all winter with only not being able to only one or two weekends. Naturally, that was after I bought the T2. I hope you get your coil problem fix soon. I am wishing some of my silver out your way. So, if I don't get any and you don't get any silver. I want to know who stole my wish... :lol: I hope you have a better rest of the year!

-Bill

Thanks guys, your thoughts are appreciated! I'll pass them on to Sandy also. At the funeral, my mom informs me she has a bit of bone cancer in her arm, but not life-threatening, thank God. So yeah, the year's had it's bad moments for me already! If ya'll give me wide berth, I won't take it personal. ;) I think have weathered the three bad things in a row allotted to me, knocking on wood! Hopefully, nowhere to go but up from this point.

My coil issue was the T2 going into constant overload, nothing stopping it, except a swift whack to the side of the coil. The same thing happens when the coil is unplugged with it turned on, so it sure sounds like a flaky wire inside that may or may not connect, a tap or bump changing its state. I waited till it had happend three times, so I knew it was not an odd fluke.

It was great getting a personal reply from Dave Johnson, with instructions to send it directly to his attention. I'll receive it back with a new coil and calibration after testing. He also answered a couple questions posed to me by others. Plus, Jeff made a quick appearance to see if he could help. Can't beat that for service!

As to the rotten weather, I guess being born in South Dakota, you get used to it. We muddle through and I usually switch over to antique radios, read and live on the forums. This has been a mild year, and spring snowfalls, though deep, don't last long. Their bad sense of timing can be the worst, however!

So many Dakotans "snowbird" we have our own community and gatherings in Arizona in the winters, but this poor boy can't make that wide swing quite yet! I'd love to meteorite and nugget detect winters and coin shoot and stream prospect up here in the mild summers. But I do love it here, must, as the Hills have been my home since the 60's and 70's.

Winter here does have it's beauty, though.

-Ed

[attachment 22409 snownice.jpg]

You have the widest berth you need from me... :)

-Bill

[quote Bill W.]I am starting to feel like no one but Pineapple and myself are out hunting and posting about our outings...
[/quote]

I am temporarily down due to glitch with my T2. I returned it and Mr. Bill has sent a replacement which will arrive soon.

EC

hi pineapple, I understand your sentiments.. and if I lived in a warm-all-year climate I would feel the same... how we do it in NH is to have lots of "winter" hobbies to have fun with when you can't go out. I have a workshop and do stained glass, jewelry, and love going out to see bands on the weekends. I used to ski but don't really like it that much anymore. Maybe if we are lucky, we can get a warm-weather vacation planned at that time too.

When spring approaches, it just makes us all that more thankful for beautiful weather. Then, it's the warm weather hobbies; golf, gardening, etc that kick in.
regards,
CC

but its back now so I'll be able to contribute some more.

Been wanting to dig some deeper targets but we were so dry that I couldn't dig a plug in good conscience, so I let it take a little vacation. But we are getting some moisture now and its about time for the folks to start watering again so I'll get to do some digging soon.

Checked out one of my private permissions and it was a dry bed. No way was I going to risk getting my welcome removed digging holes in that when all I need to do is wait a few more weeks for the sprinklers to come on.

Research has been good though. Just need time to get out to them.

HH

from Ohio. I hope and ask for comfort when it's hard, for peace when it gets restless, and for a touch from the Masters hand,as I am so aware that sometimes in life we just need a hug from our God!

KCK

Like Mr. Bill said, it's no big deal and no reflection on the T2 which is an outstanding detector in my opinion.

And, rest assured that Mr. Bill is one heck of a guy too. The best dealer I've ever dealt with.

EC