Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

where does the Tejón shine

The only real feature I liked best on the Tejón was the variable Tone control to select either VCO audio or adjust the tone pitch. That's it.

Monte

The only Tesoro,s I ever owned is the Tejon and I am on my second one now. So I can't really say it is better than the others.

Fist thing that got my attention was the trigger toggle and then the duel disc. Now back in the day I was running Fishers 1265x and 1266x which just happened to have the same setup and I loved those machines. So that was why I settled on the Tejon.

Both of the Tejon's I have had the disc control are the most accurate I have ever used.

The Tejon I think kind of got a bad start because at one time you could go to the Tesoro web page and they had pictures next to each model of machine and the Tejon's picture was relics. So it took on that it was primarily a relic machine. But if people would have read the story for the Tejon it went something like, the Tejon was designed and built from the ground up for coin and relic hunting.
Another thing I have noticed people get turned off when they find out it runs on 8 AA batteries. Nobody wants keep feeding it batteries, but I got 8 rechargeable and they are still going after 2 years of use. I run rechargeable batteries in all my detectors.

Now I am a coin hunter and the depth I am getting is better than any machine I have ever owned. So day I try one of the big boy coils and see how it does on coins, my biggest coil now is the 11x8 and it really does a good job. It kind sounds like a big coil but when I checked some of the other machines stock coil of 11"DD, they are about the same size as the 11x8.

For me I don't see the need to have one of each model of Tesoro's when I can set the Tejon up to do about the same thing.

The Tejon shines for me,

Ron in WV

How do you best use the dual discrimination? And is the trigger switch durable, looks kind of exposed (breakable).

I would use the dual disc in a way to best find what's under the coil.
I would set regular disc where I like to hunt, just blocking an iron nail, then set aux disc just below or above a zinc penny. When I find a target that's repeatable, I'd switch to aux disc. If it still rings in I know it's above that. If it doesn't then it's between aux and regular disc.
That's how I'd use it.
I've really been considering one

My self and my coin hunting I did, the Tejon was the best Tesoro I had used. I found many coins others had missed in a few of my sites I hunted. I felt it did almost as well as the Troy X5 I had but cheaper and was always going to get another one for my no metered detector to carry in my car to check out a site quick.

Rick

In good ground. I had one and it wasn't much deeper than a uMax machine in my bad soil.

It's also very sensitive to some really tiny targets. You can dig up shotgun pellets with it if you wanted to.

For some reason I really want another one. But I can't justify why?

Funny how that works.

But really, if you have decent soil and you want a killer deep relic machine, the Tejon is pretty sweet.