Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Where is the hot spot on the CZ 10 1/2"coil....

A

Anonymous

....I'm new to a large coil and I just dont get it!! Are there any tips, techniques that you guys can throw my way, I'd appreciate it very much, thank you. PS what sensitivity level works best?

Hot spot is just above the dead center due to its design. Sensitivity will vary due to mineralization and may have to lower it from the stock 8inch coil, but its coverage will amaze you.

John, to pinpoint the 10.5 - push the PP button and move the coil back and forth over the "center" of the target based on sound. When you have this "center" of the target, drag the coil back toward you until you lose the PP sound. The reason you have to do this is because you may have picked up the target at the back of the target so you have to drag the coil backwards until you lose the sound meaning you've put the target now under the front of the coil. A good target will drop the sound very abruptly. Then move the coil just forward until you pick up the sound again - usually about 2". The target will be inside the funny shaped opening in front of the rod mount. If you've moved the coil back more than approximately the diameter of the coil try scanning again to be sure you still have a target. If not, move on - it's junk. I've found 100's of coins this way and use the 10.5" almost exclusively. It's a lot of fun when you get the hang of it- you'll find lots of stuff - more than with the 8" in my humble opinion! And don't forget to use it in the salt mode if the ground is wet. It helps.
hh,flyguy

Certainly some interesting info. Going to have to try once the snow goes..Certainly a different hybrid coil and just not a large 8 inch stock coil..wouldn't advise trading back and forth with the 8 and 10.5 daily as they do pinpoint differently...

Took me a little while to figure that one out, but Flyguy is right on. Easy to learn. As always, learn pinpointing using air test targets you can see.