Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

where is the Sovereign users

Rick(ND)

I havent been around much on the forums as had problem getting on this forum with my AOL account, but it worked today.
Thought I would see many post I missed, but none at all and wonder where all the Sovereign user are at.
I decided to sell my Equinox 800 last week as I know I dont have 5 hours on it and going back to my Sovereign GT as I know this detector so well and seem I dont have the time to learn the Equinox 800. I am getting old and with running my bar and building a patio bar outside the main bar there is not much time to detect. Maybe one of my kids will give me and my wife some time to detect when spring get there.

Rick

Rick, another Sovereign user here. I've had a few of them (main, and backups). Sold the BNIB backup some years ago, as I never had a problem with a Sovereign to worry about it. I use it everywhere except in the surf; I've got a CZ-20 for that, and I'm not taking chances of it getting a salt bath.

I do have some other detectors, and will buy others, just for the fun of it, but the Sovereign is still my go-to.

Hi Rick..I still got and it has served me very very well..I have the nox 800as well..I’ve dedicated almost all of my hunting time to it which as of late has been none due to snow cover..I ought the 800 as the next step follow up to the GT mainly for separation purposes.. the GT has found the deepest coins I’ve ever found..then with pandemic restrictions crossing state lines eliminates my winter time treks to the shore but that restriction has just been lifted, nobody obeys it anyway..

Rick, another Sovereign user here. I've had a few of them (main, and backups). Sold the BNIB backup some years ago, as I never had a problem with a Sovereign to worry about it. I use it everywhere except in the surf; I've got a CZ-20 for that, and I'm not taking chances of it getting a salt bath.

I do have some other detectors, and will buy others, just for the fun of it, but the Sovereign is still my go-to.
I found a used Sovereign GT and I am determined to learn it. That video by the late Des Dunne really made it clear.

I just retired and am ready to get my GT out of mothballs, as soon as the weather clears.

Rick(ND), do you want me to call your kids and tell them you need some time to detect? I'll do it.

Repaired coil wire with heat shrink . Soldered in new pin connector. I have all the details if needed. Polished her up and that Blue baby is purdy.

Hi Rick—-

Some of us ancient Sovereign XS users are still alive and detecting in Alaska.(not until the ice goes out). I haven’t posted to one of the guvner’s forums for decades. Is he still around?

Rick I'm still using a Sovereign Elite going out for a search next week. Weather has improved enough to start detecting. Like most people our age had a few hick ups with medical problems now good to go. Just got my Amateur Radio License, LOL got enough hobbies HH Ron

Rick I'm still using a Sovereign Elite going out for a search next week. Weather has improved enough to start detecting. Like most people our age had a few hick ups with medical problems now good to go. Just got my Amateur Radio License, LOL got enough hobbies HH Ron
Go for it Ron. Good to see another ham as well as detectorist. I’ve been detecting 28 years and a ham for 56...Lee

Leeinak 03/14 2021 passed my Tech and General still waiting for the FCC official post. Looking forward LOL still a long time listener until my status is posted. Gives me more time to finish my antenna. There is a lot to learn. I've been detecting for 51 yrs. and at the start of Amateur Radio. Thanks Ron

Last edited:
Ron—-
I lost my last HF antenna in an ice storm and hope to get something else up this summer. I’ve not been active in a few years. Sure do miss it. Right now I only have 2 meters. Hope you enjoy haming.

Good to see we have a few other Ham Radio Ops here. Got my Novice class in 1958 and General Class a year later. Then in 1961 or 2, went up the FCC field office again, and got the Advanced Class. Got busy with life and didn't go for the last upgrade to Extra, which I COULD still do now, but have too many other priorities. Still run both HF equipment and 2m and 440, but not very much.

With all this talk about ham, got to fry me up some eggs, with a good cup of cowboy coffee. Good luck to all you Sovereign users.

Leeinak 03/14 2021 passed my Tech and General still waiting for the FCC official post. Looking forward LOL still a long time listener until my status is posted. Gives me more time to finish my antenna. There is a lot to learn. I've been detecting for 51 yrs. and at the start of Amateur Radio. Thanks Ron

Congrats on passing your exam(s)!! Did you take them virtually, or in person? I need to step up and get my General, but I want to do it in person at a hamfest or similar. 73!

Congratulations Ron, on passing the FCC exam. Have you decided on a rig and antenna(s) yet? If you're working HF, we can probably sched a contact on one of the low bands.

Repaired coil wire with heat shrink . Soldered in new pin connector. I have all the details if needed. Polished her up and that Blue baby is purdy.
My name is LES.I live in Australia.My sovereign GT has a bad wire plug connector.I can only buy a 5 pin connector here.
I have tried to wire it up but my configuration does not work .Could you please send me your wiring diagram on both the control box colour and number diagram and also for the coil wiring diagram.I did not take enough attention when I dismantled mine.My unit was manufactured on 11/04.It has been a brilliant machine since I had it.Unmodified and original.
Thankyou LES