Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

where is the target area in a 6 x 10 dd

garyw

I have been digging caverns because I cannot figure out what area of the 6 x 10 dd coil is the target center on the top side of the coil.Is it under the handle? Also has anyone ever used a wooden golf tee to mark the target?

Are you pinpointing?? Yes target is going to be right in the middle of the coil both ways when it is pinpointed by making an x. If you can't tell why not bury you a coin mark it exactly and then use it to experiment with. Some people also pinpoint using the toe of the detector but i prefer the middle.

At the tip,toe,or at the heel. Think of the radiating pattern that it puts into the ground as wedge shaped which is unlike a normal coil that is somewhat cone shaped. Thus, the loudest signal will be the same the length of the coild until you are not on it.

Yes sir, To pinpoint with the 6 X 10 DD it will be ether off the front tip or the back tip of the coil. If you try to pinpoint the middle you will dig big holes to find the target. You might want to invest in the sunray DX-1 pinpointer its a have to have accessory. It takes the guess work out of pinpointing...............:thumbup:

I picked this illustation a few years back. I don't know who posted it but I wish I did so I could thank him or her. I show it to all my friends and they use it. Give it a try. HH Dennis in Idaho

Yep, right off the tip and it will work the same way off the back tip also........:clap:

No wonder I been digging two or 3 holes. It always comes up on the edge after I take a plug out.

I use the depth meter to help me pinpoint. I watch the depth and when it is at it's shallowest the coin is under the center of the coil just in front of the handle. If I have trouble locking in on a depth then I will use the end of the coil method.