Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Where there is wheat was a Buffalo?

Ronstar

Jkline and I hit an old homestead in rural county today that I noticed last Monday. Ends up I knew the current owner and the home was my brother in laws grandmothers (and mothers) home years ago. House in pretty bad shape and gutted out for now.
We hit it this morning and with high hopes too. My second kneel down popped out 1937 (four legged) Buffalo nickel!! Shortly after I hit a 1926 wheat and another wheat I couldnt read the date. A few 60-70s Memorials and two clad dimes later........Jeff dug a couple wheats, the oldest a 1920 on the side of the house.
Once home and cleaned I was happy the date was pretty clear on the Buff and the penny I couldn’t read was also a 1920!
A couple of local history items also tagged. But no silver.........

Attachments

• BB429C8B-0526-46BA-852F-180161B67CF5.jpeg
    BB429C8B-0526-46BA-852F-180161B67CF5.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 77
Nice diggin! Dated Buffs are always a bonus. Pretty cool that you stumbled onto a family connection with the property. Gotta think there's silver lurking around somewhere there for you!

Good on the buffalo. With those older wheats and the buff, I'm with Mike, there should be a silver or 2 hiding on the spot. HH Jim tn

We were talking about trying it again but kinda 50/50 on that. Close around the house was pretty trashy, lots of low iron grunts and a lot of 22 casings out front and rifle in the back. Current owner told us a family member of the first occupants had used a detector about 10-15 years ago for “a couple hours” and “didnt find much” but we all know what that means, it probably got cherry picked. If we go back then probably we would hit it for awhile with the small coils. I feel pretty good about what we hit and how. There could be a stray silver out there somewhere.......