Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Where to buy a Compadre with the 8" coil????

danrom

Looking for a detector for my girls (9 and 12), after reading a lot on the forum, it looks like the Compadre might be the best package for the money...simple but effective. I would like to have it with the 8" coil so it can also be a back-up for me if my F-70 goes down for some reason. The Tesoro website says its available with the 8" coil but I can't find it online. Anyone have any info?

No word yet on availability, but I can tell you the Compadre is an incredible detector with the 5.75 coil, with the 8 inch I'm expecting pure awesomeness!

Last I heard was two to three weeks before production would start. That was two weeks ago, so should be soon.

Don't underestimate the 5.75" coil,that little coil is great in trashy areas and you'll be able to get closer to play ground equipment and such.Believe it or not it's my main machine and when it went in to be checked out i was totally lost with out it but, it came back with a clean bill of health and the folks at Tesoro are great regarding their warranty.I have used other detectors in the past but this machine puts the "F" in fun.

I emailed Tom Miller at Miller MDZ about the 8"coiled Compadre and he said he ought to have them this week and to call around Thursday. Hope that helps,

Thanks...I went ahead and ordered the Compadre with the 5.75" coil for my daughters. I think the smaller coil will help them pinpoint. They are turning 9 and 12 in a month. If the little Compadre performs like everyone says it does I might order another one as my backup....with the 8" coil. Thanks for the info!!

Hi danrom, I am sure the Compadre with 8' coil would be a real cool back up machine for you , but I would suggest you get some more input on that new 8"coil now fit onto the Compadre..Which 8"Tesoro coil is it to be and how much will it wiegh? I have always found the 8" Brown Donut coils to be just a bit heavy to my liking and certainly not to my thinking a good idea for 9 and 12 year old little girls. Just my thoughts but, I would surely get some info as to what's what and maybe be content with a 7" or 5.75 coil on your girl's F70 "backup." Compadre comes at a fair enough price for it's own "backup", and the kiddies not loose their "want to" before they get started good. HH, Charlie

Good for you Danron!!! I was a tad late with my post and see "you done good ahead of my thoughts". Your girls will love the Compadre ,, and so will you!! HH Charlie