Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

wheres does high tone start

vanner

just a bit confused here. My AT starts high tone at 75 in both standard and pro (US model) yet I see in an early advertisement that high tone starts at 60 ,was the advertisement wrong?

Thanks, must contact them and ask where they got there captions from. I have been told by garret that I should have been sent the international model not the US model for over here in Aus, but Im rapt I got the US model as I mostly hunt for old coins and most of them seem to start over 75, so a high tone gets my attention . Also our $1 and $2 coins ring in there

If I buy the AT then I'd better import it from the States. Having such a wide high tone on the International would not be suitable for what I would use. I wouldn't fancy listening to pull tabs giving a high tone.
Mick Evans.

yes thats for sure, if you are coin hunting over here in Aus most of the good stuff is in the high tone, the old pennies, threepence, sixpence,and shillings are high tone. And they sound off loud. The old silver coins have a high silver content, up to 95%. Not to forget our $1 and $2 dollar coins which are also high tone, so suits me also

Ordered mine direct from the US and got a US version as well. But our NZ coins are similar to Aus's (sometimes even the same with the amount of Aus coins I keep digging!) in metal content so the US version AT suits me much better then the International one would. I just ignore the coin symbols and can think in inches as well as I can in cm so to me there are no negatives in having the US version.

Yeah. The fact that the goldies fall in the high tone as well was the other significant reason I said ouch! That was one of the saving graces of the Ace 250.
Mick Evans.

Actually they are Ouch! if your headphones are turned up to full and your coil goes over one! :stars: But it is a good ouch.......

took my AT Pro over to NZ at christmas time and had a blast with it.It rang high on the gold coins as you say .