Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Where's the BEEF ? ! err its in the Ground Hawk

Woodchuck

I have owned a bunch of detectors all makes and models, and I have to say the Ground Hawk is something . I have only ever seen two come up for sale. And I have kept my eye out for one quite awhile with no such luck of snagging one. Well I finally put word out for one, and snagged one sitting in some ones closet. And yes it was the pro verbal closet queen. . As a detector it is unique in that it has a sound of its own that I find pleasantly different from the usual beep beep . Maybe its hawks squalk or cry LOL

I had one and so did many others.
Deep on small stuff.
Hard to come by and you do have the newer version.

Brochure and Owners manual can be found on my website.
http://www.treasurelinx.com/misc.html

Some added info regarding set-up

GROUND HAWK NOTES
BATTERIES---Place batteries into holders, slide holders into battery box before connecting contacts
No need to over tighten coil connector
HOT ROCKS---You can ground balance hot rocks out, depending if you go – or + you will find hot
rocks will give off a distinct tone.
LOCK ON------Disc mode
LOCK OFF----All metal mode
Tigger centered depending upon mode set is either all metal or disc
Trigger forward goes into disc with max setting of 6
Tigger pulled towards you is disc mode at setting you set control at.
Detector will take about 20 hours to get the grasp of it. Has somewhat of a learning curve.
Disc mode set a max is enough to disc out some foil and iron.
The GH has a 15 turn GB
control. So make small adjustments at a time bobbing like the instructions indicate. Basically GB the
GH is like any other motion detector.

The Ground Hawk is a very sensitive machine and when the sensitivity is cranked up it will find tiny
objects some other detectors will not even hear and was a real eye opener in this iron infested site I had
worked with some success with a Toltec 100.Iron was everywhere and it became a test of patience to
listen to all the signals and waiting for a good solid signal as i checked in both modes,I worked it about
an hour before it got dark and got no keepers. Granted I have have not yet learned the language of this
detector and in the right kind of sites could do extremely well with more time with the unit,as Tex
seems to have picked it up quickly and is making good finds. When in iron discriminate and the target
is deep(3 ringer freshly buried at 8") the response is like a little smooth zip sound in one direction and
in the other direction is a quicker zip followed by a tink sound whereas iron that is not fully
discriminated has a similar response but is shorter and not as smooth and sometimes will break up
some when hit from different directions, the response is kind of like a Sov but different and of course in
one tone. Frank in VA

I'm an old school relic hunter. I don't mind picking thru trash while checking each target. I hear iron
very well with this machine. So that will eliminate the need to check every target. I hunt mostly in the
iron belt region of Virginia. So far no problems ground balancing and discriminating iron. Good luck
and don't be afraid to run your sensitivity near 5, it will still get deep targets. I set my disc on 6 all the
time and don't lock it. When checking the target larger pieces of iron are eliminated. I also like the solid
coil. W I will post on
Sunday. Tex

An issue I had with mine, from an old forum posting:
Out on the beach and other spots it would not ground balance, played with it for several hours. Falses like an old TR disc. machine when sweeping the ground, no way you could tell if the signal was anything. Did notice the coil connector on the box where was not tight.. opened the box pulled out the PCB and found the nut holding the connector to the ground plate would not tighten. Would also not loosen, it was cross threaded. Wondered if this is part of the GB problem.

Replaced the connector plug so that it now makes solid contact with the copper ground plate.
Now Ground Balances and gives off distinct sounds when going over different targets.
Very Nice!

Have fun