Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which 5.75 coil?

bleeohio

Wanting to pick up a 5.75 for the tejon for plowed field hunting. I have a nel 5x10 that works well, but in corn stalks and bean stubble or plowed, it hangs up quite a bit. I know the widescan will separate a little better, but I think the concentric will id a little better. How does depth compare? Which do you prefer and why? tia

I use the 5.75 concentric for my Tejon. Depth is about as good as the stock coil, it's stable, and the discrimination works great. The only wide scan coil I have is the 10x12. I notice a significant loss of discrimination with that wide scan coil.

bleeohio said:
Wanting to pick up a 5.75 for the tejon for plowed field hunting. I have a nel 5x10 that works well, but in corn stalks and bean stubble or plowed, it hangs up quite a bit. I know the widescan will separate a little better, but I think the concentric will id a little better. How does depth compare? Which do you prefer and why? tia
Well, what I use on my Tejon is the Tesoro 5"X 10" Wide Scan coil (I sold my NEL) Its a solid box design so it doesn't hang up on stubble like the open frame coils do. Its narrow, it has good ground coverage and it LIKES small gold.

Mark

Well Mark, I forgot all about that coil. I do like the sharpshooter, great depth. I was actually going to make a solid coil cover for it hoping that would help. May have to search up the Tesoro 5x10.

Oldguy, it's kind of a double edge sword for me. Most of the sites are littered with nails and small iron. I may be getting greedy as I want the disc. of the concentric and the separation of the dd. lol.

bleeohio said:
Well Mark, I forgot all about that coil. I do like the sharpshooter, great depth. I was actually going to make a solid coil cover for it hoping that would help. May have to search up the Tesoro 5x10.
Plowed fields doesn't strike me as a good place for a small coil, just because of the limited ground coverage.
Mark

I only hunt where I find old homesteads used to set. Usually a ton of nails and iron. The smaller footprint lets me work through a lot of the rusty equivalent to pulltabs in a park.

on a Bandido II µMAX and Outlaw. I prefer the Concentric to the Double-D for use on Tesoro's, with the only exception being the solid-body 5X10 DD for some open area coverage. I hunt in trash more often at older sites, so it is mainly iron nails and the 6" [size=small](Tesoro calls it 5.75 but it measures 6")[/size] works great for me, when I want to grab a Tesoro.

Monte