Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which All Metal Mode Is Best?

Mat in MA

[size=large]I have a new MXT (not PRO) that I gave myself for Christmas. My
question is which is the better All Metal Mode.

Is it in the Coin & Jewelry mode with the disc turned to zero or is it in the
Relic Mode or Prospecting Mode?

Which has an advantage over the other, if any?

How would you set your favorite All Metal Mode?[/size]

I hunt just about all the time with it in Relic mode. I leave my disc on the preset mark and have a low gentle hum on my threshold. I run this in 1 tone and I look at my screen on a repeatable signal. I dig about all repeatable signals that are over 2 inches down simply because I'm scared of what I'm missing. If I get a deep signal in this mode I switch to prospecting and see if the probability of the iron it is. Its usually right on.

Lots of people hunt in the C and j mode with all the presets on and love the tone ID, but to many tones I don't like so I hunt with tone id very little. good luck just get out there and dig and remember what each signal sounds like and how the detector acts while picking a signal out. Lee

for me te best all metal mode is prospecting, you can adjust sensitivity and Sat with it