Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which coil is deeper on a dime, 11x13 x35 or 11x11 x35

kaolinwasher

cant decide wich one to get

The larger coil is technically deeper overall But the larger coil has less separation of targets. You use a larger coil for the ground coverage mostly. The depth is barely noticeable but the ground coverage adds up all day long. I own both of the mentioned coils and hunt with the stock 11” 99% of the time. I dig very deep Get out there

Isn’t depth the purpose of the boost feature?
How and when would it be used? It does drain the coil battery down. I had the 11”x13” on order then switched the order to the 11”. I use the 9” mostly unless I’m on a large field or large open space - neither of which is typical for me

I hunt woods & field. and trash sites

I hunt woods & field. and trash sites
With that said, I'd recommend the 13". Great depth, and even works well in trash. Kinda got caught with my pants down couple weeks back having the 13 on the ORX field hunting relics when I stumbled into a colonial site in the tree line and into the woods. Stayed in Coin Deep and listened to all the iron rubbish and plucked out some great finds at impressive depths, including a very thin ornate colonial sash buckle. Property has been hit hard for CW relics over many years by others, so I feel the using the larger DD x 35 gets the credit. I tried the scenario again on a similar site littered with camp iron rubbish and had the same result ... success !

On the fence, I have the 9 inch x35 and the HF 9.5 coil ( my favorite ). I hunt mostly parks and recreation areas around here. Some of my friends tells me I can not compete with them finding the deep stuff.