Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WHICH COIL WOULD BE GOOD FOR MY XTERRA 705

Which coil do you currently have?

with the results that you're getting out of the stock 9-inch coil so far, there isn't any reason you won't have success with it in lakes and parks. It is a great all around coil and does well on coins and jewelry. If you want to cover more ground with each swath, consider a larger coil. But keep in mind that target separation isn't as good with large coils, compared to smaller coils. And if you're hunting in water, know that the only large waterproof coil currently available is the Coiltek 15-inch DD. If you want extremely good separation, consider the 6-inch DD at 18.75 kHz. The higher frequency is super sensitive to low conductive targets, such as gold and small jewelry. And it has surprising depth. JMHO HH Randy

BarnacleBill ----Size does matter - - - Coil selection

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?55,745158,745158#msg-745158

Digger - information from Minelab USA - X-Terra coils, waterproof or water resistant?

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?55,1068029,1068029#msg-1068029

Coiltek 15-inch DD All Terrain X-TERRA coil at 7.5 kHz

http://coiltekmanufacturing.com.au/x-terra.html

Many of us who started out with the 9" stock coil, eventually end up getting both a large (10.5") and small (6") DD coil so as to cover almost any situation. Although many swear by the 9" 3 Khz. concentric coil for use on silver, but don't see much need for one if you already have the 9" MF stock coil. If you are wanting both max. depth and to cover a lot of ground, then the 10.5" coil would probably be best, if hunting in a lot of trashy areas or wanting to find gold jewelry and rings, then the 6" DD HF coil might be the best. Many really like the 5 x 9.5" DD HF coil for in and around beaches, so its a tough call as to what coil would be best for you. Like Digger said the 9" stock coil is a good all-around coil and works just fine in most situations, as a result there is no need to rush into another coil purchase. What I've always done is wait until I've cleaned out all of my regular spots with one coil before buying another one, then its almost like having a new detector all over agan.

Thanks to all you great people for the help. I always used Fisher detectors for30 years. Using a new brand is like buying a new car you have to get use to it. (or girl friend)