Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which coil

Dead Eye

I have a Minelab X 705 with the MF 9 concentric coil, I love this detector. I just bought a Fisher Goldbug pro with the 5" coil that I have not had a chance to use yet. I bought the bug for the 19kHz freq, to give me more options. Now I am looking to get depth. Should I buy the ML 10.5 HF DD coil or the GB 11" coil to get the deep targets? What are your thoughts?

Can tell you almost for certain that seeing how the GB Pro is a dedicated gold detector, while the XT-705 is known as an all-purpose detector, that the GB's 11" coil will definitely hit on deeper gold than the 705's 10.5" DD HF coil will. Actually it is said that other than on larger nuggets the 10.5" DD HF coil is not particularly good on gold and especially on the smaller gold like its two smaller companion coils will hit on. Do know that the XT-705 in its prospecting mode with a 6" DD HF 18.5 Khz. coil will hit on gold down to 1/40 th of a gram which is pretty good for an all-purpose detector. If by chance you are talking about depth on coins, then I think the ML 10.5" DD HF coil would hold its own against the GB Pro's 11" coil and more so in trashy environments.