Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which compadre?

mncricket

I am looking at picking up a compadre for the neighbor kid to use. Was waiting to find a decent price on a used one with a 5.75 coil (that way I have a small coil when he isn't using it)....but....found an older used one with a 7 inch coil.....is one more desired than the other?

Get the 7" Compadre, this is the earlier hotter one, I had one, like a dummy I sold it. Just try it out if you can, it should air test a dime between 6 and 7 inches when set at iron reject. I have the Amigo ll, the older brother of the Compadre and it is just as hot as my old 7" Compadre.

That 7" Compadre is at least 10 years old, no warranty, I don't know. How nice is it? It should be new in the box for that price, new ones go for $160 shipped.

I tried to tell the guy that....he told me this is the one everyone HAD to have and he usually gets $130 for them......sounded a little high to me.

I'd pass on it, the guy is trying to gouge people.

I paid $130 for mine, also the 7" coil model, found over 10X's that amount in clad and silver and gold jewelry at melt prices using it only part time.
One of the best investments I have ever made in this hobby.
I don't think I would enjoy using any other model except this one and I will never let it go.

REVIER said:
I paid $130 for mine, also the 7" coil model, found over 10X's that amount in clad and silver and gold jewelry at melt prices using it only part time.
I don't think I would enjoy using any other model except this one and I will never let it go.

REVIER

I didn't know what you paid SkiWhiz for that Compadre, but it being modded by him makes it worth 33% more than a standard Compadre. LOL

Hombre said:
REVIER said:

REVIER

I didn't know what you paid SkiWhiz for that Compadre, but it being modded by him makes it worth 33% more than a standard Compadre. LOL

Yea, he added some of that Skiwhiz magic, too...I guess it was worth the extra because I found enough to pay for the thing within the first 2 months.
He also checked it out and turned the sense up to max which I love so...extra worth it!

Ten or twenty dollars one way or another isn't going to make buying a Compardre a bad deal, because in no time at all it'll find way more than it sold for. $160 for a brand new one with a lifetime warranty is insane. It didn't take me long to pay for mine: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?17,1783204

tabman

To date, I've preferred the 7" model and wouldn't blink an eye at $100 give or take for a clean one. IMHO it's worth a bit more due to the fact that you can't buy a new one at any price unless you get lucky enough to find one that is new, old stock, which is unlikely.
BB

I have seen some of these 7" coil models bought for the 90-$110 range in a few posts from new owners, but I seem to recall the price mentioned by many more is usually the $120-$130 range.