Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which headphones do you use for GT and why...

thinkin2

Hi, everybody. It's been a long time since I posted here but am getting back into things. I recently bought a Sov GT and since I've never really invested in good, quality metal detector headphones I thought I would tap into your experience. Any and all advice appreciated. Good to be back. BTW, nearly all of my hunting is on Charleston, SC area beaches. Thanks.
Jerry

I have tried many different headphones over the years with my Sovereigns, many costing over $100 and I find for my hearing of the tones and the volume I need the Timberwolfs seem to work out the best for me on the Sovereigns. I have tried all the different Timberwolfs and they all work excellent for me. Now on my Explorer I find the Troys Pros work the best for giving me the best volume I need as the Timberwolfs are not as loud when using them with the Explorer. Many like the Sun Ray Pro Golds and I see where some like the Gray Ghost headphones also, but for me the Timberwolfs with my hearing are the loudest plus I can hear the different tones so much better.

I also prefer the Timberwolfs except I like the Cubs for our hot humid weather hear in FL. They are much lighter than the standard Timberwolfs which makes them a lot more comfortable for me.

you have a slight hearing loss, I feel the Gray Ghost Black widows are one of the best headphones on the market. They knock out the back ground ambient noise and sound good on the sovereigns. I wish I still had mine.

Thanks, Tony. I read the ad on the Black Widows and they look like they would fit the bill since they advertise a reduction in ambient noise. It's really amazing just how much noise the surf creates. Up till now I've always used a regular, cheapo set of stereo headphones. Time to upgrade and hopefully I'll discover some sounds I've been missing. Thanks again, to you and to everyone who has shared their opinions.
Jerry

These are good headphones too and I tried 3 sets of them and they just didn't have the volume the Timberwolfs do on the Sovereign. I believe they both block out the same on background noise if I remember right.

Thanks, Rick, I will take this into consideration. This isn't something I'm going to rush. I always try to do my homework and the largest part of it is getting feedback from folks like you. Thanks for taking the care and time to make your voice heard, not once but twice. I really do appreciate it. I appreciate the feedback from everyone. I highly value the opinions of those who will share their experiences. I have been using a metal detector for 29 years off and on. In the old days I was mostly a relic hunter but now just enjoy walking the beaches. I left the hobby again a couple of years or so ago, maybe one or maybe two, getting so old I can't remember, lol. I left because I play a lot of golf but golf just isn't as satisfying as it used to be. Metal detecting has never lost its excitement. Not from the first ring I dug up in a local park with a cheap detector. Not from all of the Civil War relics and slave tags I've dug during most of my
years in this hobby and certainly not from recent years when I've done only walking the beaches looking for gold. There is nothing quite like hearing that sound and the excited expectation of what might come up as you dig. Nothing at all even close. Thanks again everybody and it's really good to be back.
Jerry