Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which headphones for T2se

craigV3

I used my grey ghost headphones yeaterday and was really upset with their sound quality with my T2se. Theses phones work great with my etrac, but found like they have too much treble and care really "high pitch" with my t2. Just wondering what everyone else uses with this same detector. I've recently owned a pair of bose over the ear headphones, and they are beautiful with my past detectors. Please let me know!!

"Z"

I have no complaints with my Killer B's Wasp headphones when using them with my T2SE. I like them better than my Gray Ghost headphones. They sound and fit better.

tabman

I tryed the Gray Ghost Headphones on my Omega and ended up sending them back, the tones were to loud or to soft no in between, I got a pair of Sun Ray Pro Gold now and they have worked great until this weekend.
If I push the plug all the way in it kills the sound, no sound at all but if I pull the plug out a 1/4" they work but the plug wont stay put that way, so I came home and tryed my old whites GT head phones and they work fine with the plug all the way in.
So im not sure if its the headphones or my detector.

Pitcher.

On some headphones you have to reverse the headphone cable ie earcup to detector and turn it around,sometimes i have had to do this when i change to another make of detector.

I am not saying this is the problem with yours but worth trying,but as a general rule most top brand name in headphoness will work some are more suited than others.These days i have to admit i build my own especially when you take your 1st decent headphones apart and find that the value of the component ie speakers can be sourced cheaper to make your own high quality set of headphones.

Thanks Mega B,

My headphones are still under warranty so I will be sending them back to B&B Distributors, Bart told me to give them a call but he kinda thought it was the detector and not the headphones and I did to but I tryed them on a E-Trac today and they do the same thing.

Pitcher

I'm sure you did check the 'compatibility' toggle, right? Some call it a stereo/mono switch, but most headphone makers today call it 'compatibility' because we don't usually have stereo type reception. Depending upon the type of headphone jack used in the detector and the manner it is wired up, we can have a little partial-contact performance if the headphone toggle is in the wrong position.

Also, I noted that you checked the headphones in the Minelab Explorer and different manufacturers can use different jacks (some stereo and some mono) and then wire them differently. They can also use different jacks and wiring between their own models.

Of course the problem could b a shorted cable in the wiring close to the plug. I see you said you sent them in, ad B&B does a quick job of repair turn-around. Mater of fact, I need to send them my Killer B Wasps, which are now my 'back-up' headphones.

Monte

Monte said:
Mater of fact, I need to send them my Killer B Wasps, which are now my 'back-up' headphones.

Monte

OK, I'll play along. :) Which headphones do you prefer over the Killer B Wasps and why? Or do you have two sets of Killer B Wasps and use one for a back-up?

tabman

tabman said:
Monte said:
Mater of fact, I need to send them my Killer B Wasps, which are now my 'back-up' headphones.

Monte

OK, I'll play along. :) Which headphones do you prefer over the Killer B Wasps and why? Or do you have two sets of Killer B Wasps and use one for a back-up?

tabman
Well, it wasn't play-along post, but I am sure it must have sparked at least a few to wonder, so here are the answers.

The Killer B 'Wasp' has been my favorite headphone for many, many years now. I like he fee and fit, and the audio is great. I like the detent type volume controls. I don't toss my detectors or detecting gear around. I don't get it muddy and dirty, if I can help it, because my right had is my detection hand and make recoveries with my left hand. It gets dirty and my right hand and detector and pinpointer stay clean. I clean the pinpointer's snout after it gets its job done in the dirt.

Most of the time I have been using a White's XLT,XL Pro, Classic III SL, IDX Pro, Classic ID, M6 MXT Pro or VX3. All of these have the headphone jack at the rear of the housing and the 90

I called Bart at Big Boy Hobbies when I ran into the problem, he walked through everything to check so Im hoping I didnt miss some thing stupid.

Pitcher