Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which HF Coil Should I Get

Rick73

I bought my first XP this spring and strictly hunt farm fields probably 80% of the time. These fields are tilled so the coins lay at every angle possible. My finds went up dramatically from my other detectors in the same fields. I believe it is because the XP is better at finding these coins laying at angles. Several coins have been vertical in the ground. I basically hunt 8 or 12 KHZ with my 11" coil. I found 2 gold rings this spring in an old picnic grove that has not been used for over 100 years. I missed those rings with my CTX and Etrac as I had searched it many times. I have been detecting for 40 years and have never found a gold coin. I feel I have a better chance now with the Deus of someday finding one. I feel I should try 18 KHZ more often. I am basically a coin hunter and not a relic hunter. Would a HF coil be a waste of money for me. If not which one would be the best.

I have the 9" round HF and am thrilled with it's separation and depth at 28 khz. Haven't used my 11" since I got the 9. Don't know about the elliptical.

Been using the elliptical for three weeks now, unfortunately only have a rubbish field to work until the crops are cut but I have to say that it does seem to give a bit more punch signal wise against the normal coils and I intend to use it as my standard coil for the next few weeks. I generally use 28khz

Absolutely, although with higher vdi numbers.