Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which is all around Best??

Sonnyd

I'm going to receiving a Red Racer this week. I was just wondering what the consensus was for the Best all around coil, for coin hunting in Light to moderate trashy areas ? It's coming with the standard 11x7, and a 5.5x10 (RC26) I'm guessing.... On my Fors Relic I have the 11x7, and the 5" DD, and the 5.5x10.Concentric. I use the 5" as much as the 11x7, hardly ever use the concentric so far. I use the 5x8 DD on my Garrett AT Pro, more then the stock coil, actully100% off the time.. I see a NEL 5" sharp coil, would that be a good choice? Just looking for some input.. Thanks, Sonny

Sonny,

Excellent results are coming back on the 5.5 x 10 size of coil as a great all-rounder. NEL also makes a Sharp-Shooter that is approximately the same size that is a little lighter that is producing great results. The RC26 is a solid coil and won't be hanging up on brush, sticks and the like. The Sharp-Shooter is a little lighter and an open design.

I have the stock coil and a 5" CORS Point (NEL 5" Sharp) which is great in really trashy areas. Super separator. Down side is that it is small and is slow to cover much territory if the trash thins out.

Rich -

Of the two coils you mention for the Racer, I would go with the 5.5 x 10 for all the reasons Rich stated. In moderate trash, it is an excellent coil.

And to have a well-rounded selection I would have a small coil in my arsenal for the very trashy sites such as the NEL Sharp 5" round coil and wouldn't ya know ( cough cough) there just happens to be one for sale in the classifieds :detecting: Had an extra and selling it.

Thanks Rich, and Greg....and yes, I did notice your ad Greg, LOL.. I haven't received the machine yet, should be here tomorrow according to USPS... I'm guess that 5" NEL, or CORS, is going to be close to my 5" on my Relic... but from what you said, a little lighter.... I'll keep yours in mind Greg,.... Thanks again to both of you.....
Regards Sonny

GlenOK said:
I'm going to give the Cors Shrew a try. Got one coming. Hope it will work good on my Racer 2.

Definitely let us know, how it works...... I have never bought a coil made by anyone other then the Brand of the Detector I was using. So it would be a new thing for me. I mostly hunt in parks, and semi trashy area, So. I've always used 5 or 6" coils for my additional over standard coils that come with the machine. But as Rich said, they are a Pain, when the road gets cleaner, and a lot more open... I

5.5x10 is a great coil. And a small 5" or OOR 4.5x5 are great in the trashy areas.

Stoof-tabsallday said:
5.5x10 is a great coil. And a small 5" or OOR 4.5x5 are great in the trashy areas.
Loving my 5.5x10. 10K Gold Class ring within the first hour....Love it......

Can't ask for better than that Sonny!!!