Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

which is newer ? spectrum eagle or 6000 di pro sl xb

scrounger

i own both of these and im kinda confused. i cant seem to find info on the web of the release dates on these.

it would be hard to believe but maybe the 6000 is newer even though it has the analog meter ?

I bought the XLT the second year after it came out. I moved to the Philippines and took it with me. I have not used it now for about 3 yrs. When I turned it on, it now has Horizontal Screen Blanking. It is very difficult to read! I doubt your answere will be yes, but do you know of ANY place in Southeast Asia that can repair the XLT? Living in the Philippines, I am sure it would be quite expensive to send it to Whites for repair, and have them send it back to me once itis repaired. The cost may be prohibitive; besides now that i want to get back into Detecting, I am thinking of upgrading to a Newer machine. I want to do both beach and land hunting but I have no idea what machine will serve me best. Any help will be appreciated!

Sincerely, Ken

goldfinder2@gmail.com

goldfinder2 said:
I bought the XLT the second year after it came out. I moved to the Philippines and took it with me. I have not used it now for about 3 yrs. When I turned it on, it now has Horizontal Screen Blanking. It is very difficult to read! I doubt your answere will be yes, but do you know of ANY place in Southeast Asia that can repair the XLT? Living in the Philippines, I am sure it would be quite expensive to send it to Whites for repair, and have them send it back to me once itis repaired. The cost may be prohibitive; besides now that i want to get back into Detecting, I am thinking of upgrading to a Newer machine. I want to do both beach and land hunting but I have no idea what machine will serve me best. Any help will be appreciated!

Sincerely, Ken

goldfinder2@gmail.com

May be cheaper to send to Whites in Australia .
Google for phone number they may be able to fix it.
It may be a bad connection to the screen, corrosion or a film of sorts .
You may want to try to dismantle it and reconnect the wiring to the screen part.
Seems I,ve seen this problem in the pass posted on the forum.
The Philippines may have high ,hot humidity which could be a detriment to electronics.

thanks for repling ggopher. but it looks as if ur wrong. the eagle spectrum was replaced by the spectrum xlt in

early 1994. i found a whites catalog that lists the 6000di sl as still being made in 1997.

OK...you asked which was newer...I do believe the 600 di was a mix of analog and digital, where I think the Eagle was a microcontrolled machine...I may be wrong, as I am no expert here...The 6000 DID outlast the Eaglein manufacturing.

HH,

Demand kept a technology overlap in place as a lot of people just preferred analog (and still do). If suppliers could still supply parts affordably, good chance they'd still be making them. (Heck....even back then, it was way more expensive to make a top analog box, than a newer digital one..... and they sold for less.)

If you look around in profiles on the web, many top detectorists still have one of the top analogs in their arsenal.