Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which machine? Maybe CJC has ideas

Going river hunting tomorrow with some friends. We are hitting the Salt River in Arizona. People tube this river by the thousands every summer. They turn of the dam in the fall and now there are only puddles. People drink A LOT on the river so tons of pull tabs and bottle caps. I usually hunt with my CZ21 with 8" coil. I'm thinking of using my Gold Bug Pro with the 11" DD coil. Any thoughts and also advice on settings would be appreciated. I run really low disc with the CZ21 and ignore low tones as 95% of those are bobby pins.

Thanks,

Jeff

p.s. I have been metal detecting for 25 years, but am always open to suggestions and useful advice.

What are you looking for? The problem with fresh water hunting is ...... trash trash trash. Rivers get up several times a year moving miles of trash..... and in fresh water stuff doesnt deteriorate very fast.

Fresh water hunting to 10 ft. Discriminates pulltabs and soda caps. Also discriminates out sheep that happen to get in your way. :rolleyes: Hope you had a great hunt and found lots of gold. Anyone from Texas in your hunt group???