Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which micromax Tesoros have the all metal toggle and threshold knob?

Neil

I am referring to the single 9 volt Tesoros with the small control housing. I know the Golden has it and Bandido. The Silver has the toggle but no threshold knob.

Neil said:
I am referring to the single 9 volt Tesoros with the small control housing (the [size=small]micro[/size]MAX housing).
Some of the models with be a factory preset Ground Balance operation and some with both a true All Metal mode and the external Threshold adjustment will offer manual GB control.

Also, some with have a selectable All Metal search mode and others will only have a momentary All Metal Pinpoint function. Not all models with a selectable All Metal mode have an external Threshold adjustment.

Neil said:
I know the Golden has it and Bandido.
I take it you mean the Golden [size=small]micro[/size]MAX [size=small](µMAX[/size]) but you didn't clarify which 'Golden' model. Also, there were four 'Bandido' series models and you didn't qualify which one.

Neil said:
The Silver has the toggle but no threshold knob.
If you mean the 'Silver [size=small]micro[/size]MAX', it, like the forerunner Cutlass II µMAX, have a toggle that is labeled "All Metal" but that isn't a true, Threshold-based All Metal search mode. It is just motion-based Discriminate mode selection that is supposed to be at or close to All Metal accept or Zero Disc. This is the same as adjusting the Compadre or new Mojave to their minimum ED-180 Disc. setting which should be at, or close to, Zero Tejection for All Metal acceptance in the silent-search Disc. mode.

This may not be a complete listing of all the 9-Volt powered Tesoro models with a selectable true All Metal mode with a Threshold-level adjustment, but it ought to answer your question, or at least I hope so:

Models with a toggle-selected All Metal / Disc. control but no external Threshold control:
Sidewinder
Sidewinder [size=small]micro[/size]MAX

Models with a toggle-selected All Metal / Disc. control but an internally adjusted Threshold trimmer, that had an external manual GB control:
Bandido [size=small]micro[/size]MAX

Models with a momentary [size=small](pushbutton)[/size] All Metal Pinpoint function, and externally adjusted Threshold control, but an internal GB trimmer:
Silver Sabre [size=small]micro[/size]MAX
Cibola

Models with a toggle-selected All Metal / Disc. control, an externally adjusted Threshold control, but an internal GB trimmer:
Conquistador
Conquistador [size=small]micro[/size]MAX
Golden µMAX and 2nd version Golden µMAX

Models with a click-selectable [size=small](Disc. knob)[/size] All Metal / Disc. control, an externally adjusted Threshold control, and external manually GB control:
Vaquero

Models with a toggle-selected All Metal / Disc. control, an externally adjusted Threshold control, and external manually GB control:
Bandido II µMAX
Eldorado [size=small](last version in microMAX housing)[/size]
Euro Sabre
Outlaw

As I stated, I might have missed some but this gives you a general idea.

Personally, my preference is to have more operator control and that means a selectable, Threshold-based All Metal mode and manual Ground balance. Of the above list, my personal favorites in order of preference are:

The Bandido II µMAX, the Vaquero, then the Eldorado.

Of those that have an internal GB trimmer, with a choice of toggle selected All Metal or just an All Metal Pinpoint feature, my preferences, in order, are:

The Silver Sabre µMAX, the Conquistador µMAX and the Cibola.

Monte

Thank you Monte.
I have a Golden Umax. I didnt know the all metal mode on some of the tesoros were actually still the disc mode.
I should have said I was looking for which micro max models have a true all metal mode, toggle selected, with an external threshold adjustment.
Would the Golden micromax I have be one of those? It has the four tones, I dont know if they are the older or newer tones, it has the plastic louvered grill.
Thank you,
Neil