Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which mode for the Simplex

TerryEastTexas

I'm using the Simplex and hunt a large pasture for relics and coins, 1850'S-1920'S. There are areas of clear quiet ground and areas of trashy ground, iron and other trash. Between the Field mode and the Park mode which would be recommended for this paticular situation?

I would say field where targets are moderately concentrated, park mode where it’s dense, and all metal in the quiet areas. I hunt regularly with a guy who uses the simplex, it does pretty good on deep lead and has good sensitivity to small targets as well. Can be pretty deep machine really.

I'm using the Simplex and hunt a large pasture for relics and coins, 1850'S-1920'S. There are areas of clear quiet ground and areas of trashy ground, iron and other trash. Between the Field mode and the Park mode which would be recommended for this paticular situation?
When I search plowed fields, pastureland or rangeland, my personal preferences in 'Beach' mode, then I go to 'Field' mode on occasion or if there are too many Iron nails or other wire-iron such as cut fencing. If the amount of trash gets too annoying, I opt for the 'Park' mode, but prefer the two 2-Tone modes to the 3-Tone 'Park' mode.

I have all three of my Discriminate modes set at '0' to accept ALL targets, ferrous and non-ferrous And due to my hearting impairment I like the 'Beach' mode's audio a bit better because it has a more solid or consistent audio because it is NOT a VCO-enhanced audio. The 'Field' mode is a VCO-enhanced audio which is fine, but I prefer the NON VCO audio response. The only thing I don't like is that when Iron Nails start to get too abundant, or too frequent, then I switch to the 'Field' mode where I can make use of the Iron Audio Volume to reports the Iron with the lower-loudness level.

For many decades now, I also enjoy seeking out and hunting older-use places that hd most activity from about the 1840's through the Depression Era, and quite often that means isolating locations where there once was a homestead, church, school, dance hall, stage stop or other potential site associated with fields, pastures, and other wide-open land, and the Simplex + makes a very handy, light-weight modls for covering those types of open areas.

Monte

I would say field where targets are moderately concentrated, park mode where it’s dense, and all metal in the quiet areas. I hunt regularly with a guy who uses the simplex, it does pretty good on deep lead and has good sensitivity to small targets as well. Can be pretty deep machine really.
Thanks for you reply.

When I search plowed fields, pastureland or rangeland, my personal preferences in 'Beach' mode, then I go to 'Field' mode on occasion or if there are too many Iron nails or other wire-iron such as cut fencing. If the amount of trash gets too annoying, I opt for the 'Park' mode, but prefer the two 2-Tone modes to the 3-Tone 'Park' mode.

I have all three of my Discriminate modes set at '0' to accept ALL targets, ferrous and non-ferrous And due to my hearting impairment I like the 'Beach' mode's audio a bit better because it has a more solid or consistent audio because it is NOT a VCO-enhanced audio. The 'Field' mode is a VCO-enhanced audio which is fine, but I prefer the NON VCO audio response. The only thing I don't like is that when Iron Nails start to get too abundant, or too frequent, then I switch to the 'Field' mode where I can make use of the Iron Audio Volume to reports the Iron with the lower-loudness level.

For many decades now, I also enjoy seeking out and hunting older-use places that hd most activity from about the 1840's through the Depression Era, and quite often that means isolating locations where there once was a homestead, church, school, dance hall, stage stop or other potential site associated with fields, pastures, and other wide-open land, and the Simplex + makes a very handy, light-weight modls for covering those types of open areas.

Monte

Monte
Thanks for the info Monte always a help.

FIELD MODE 100% OF THE TIME FOR ME. PARK IS JUST TOO CLIPPED ON THE AUDIO (FOR ME ANYWAY)
CoinRobber, I'm curious if you're tried the 'Beach' mode? I like 'Park' mode when I get into a lot of trashy conditions, but in the more open areas with minimal nearby junk, I prefer the 'Beach' mode over the 'Field' mode because it has the Non-VCO audio For me and my impaired hearing, it is a better audio response and clarity, especially on some mid-depth and deeper targets. I am always listening for Iron debris because I can work around it to check for any good-target masking, but when the Iron audio gets annoying, then I shift to the 'Field' mode when I have adjusted for a lower Iron Audio Volume.

Just wondering if you've tried it, what types of sites you're hunting, and what you thought of the 'Beach' mode's audio?

Monte

CoinRobber, I'm curious if you're tried the 'Beach' mode? I like 'Park' mode when I get into a lot of trashy conditions, but in the more open areas with minimal nearby junk, I prefer the 'Beach' mode over the 'Field' mode because it has the Non-VCO audio For me and my impaired hearing, it is a better audio response and clarity, especially on some mid-depth and deeper targets. I am always listening for Iron debris because I can work around it to check for any good-target masking, but when the Iron audio gets annoying, then I shift to the 'Field' mode when I have adjusted for a lower Iron Audio Volume.

Just wondering if you've tried it, what types of sites you're hunting, and what you thought of the 'Beach' mode's audio?

Monte
I have never used beach mode inland but i will try it out. I hunt high trash sites like parks and fair grounds. Lack of smaller coils for the simplex SUCKS !

I have never used beach mode inland but i will try it out. I hunt high trash sites like parks and fair grounds. Lack of smaller coils for the simplex SUCKS !
Urban area Coin & Jewelry Hunting can include some trashier areas, like some parks and fair grounds. But if you want to experience some really challenging trashy conditions, you ought to come and join me in a hunt of some very tough Iron Nail and other ferrous debris ghost towns and similar places. There are a lot of detectors on the market that fall way sort on performance in such environments. The best detectors I use in them are my Nokta FORS CoRe w/4.7X5.2 'OOR' DD coil or FORS Relic w/5" DD coil. My 2nd CoRe with the mid-size 5X9½ DD does an impressive job and comes close to the smaller-coil performance. My Impact w/7" Concentric also does well for Coin and Jewelry type sites.

The Simplex + I use a good deal in more open areas with that larger 11" DD coil, and am getting a bit impatient waiting for some desired smaller-size search coils. I really would like to have a 5" DD or even a 7" Concentric for it, and nothing larger than those two. Dense trash calls for smaller coils.

Monte

Whats up with the dark background & the dark text? Cannot hardly read some of the text & replies. Is this something on my end?

Whats up with the dark background & the dark text? Cannot hardly read some of the text & replies. Is this something on my end?
Sataro, if you're referring to my posts, this is your post 'normal' and this is it in 'Bold'

As for my replies, this is just a 'normal' reply without changing anything. On my computer, and with my aging eyesight, I find it to be kind of 'thin' and 'faint' and difficult to read. So, I click on Tahoma to change the font and this is how it comes out. A slightly different font that is a bit bolder (without using 'Bold') and darker, thus easier for me to read.

Monte

Or you can try changing from dark mode to light mode by going up to the right hand corner and click the icon that shows a light bulb. That should do it.