Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which model would you recommend ?

Craig

I have a friend who is just starting out detecting. He had a P.I. machine given to him and he wasn't sure how to use it. So I gave him a few lessons and took him to the beach. I think he only found a few pennies, but he was like a kid in a candy shop. He has been using the P.I. in some parks. Not having much luck but he keeps at it. I have finally talked him into getting a Tesoro. He like the weight of my Tejon and lifetime warrenty.
I can see his frustration with the single tones of the P.I. so I have suggested the "Golden" for him to start out with, due to the four tones.
Anyone have another Idea for a Tesoro detector for him to start with?

I'm having a blast and doing well with my little Tesoro Compadre but if $$$ wasn't an issue I would go with the Tejon, great all around detector. There are those that really like the Golden but I don't care for multitone detectors. Steve.

simple is better to start out. One of my buddies has tried to start out with a whites v3, convinced he does not have to dig pull tabs and junk at all! Boy has he had an expensive lesson. he has found a quarter, and sent it back for re-programming and another$150+ for updates. not to mention a toy sand box digging tool! Start with a simpler Tesoro, none of them are bad, some more advanced. another friend has a cutlass, good used one, could not be happier. I tend to use my amigo more than my big box Eldorado. light quick, efficient turn on and go, one battery, not the deepest, but good finds, and lite on the wallet. You advanced pros can talk the talk and walk the walk, us newer guys sometimes get lost in the jargon. budget, amount of time to use it, physical limits, saltwater, just land use, freshwater beach, mineral soils, trashy area, lot of questions to answer and choose. go simple, make some good finds, advance to better unit with justifications to the misses!

Single tone machines CAN be a little frustrating at times especially in trashy areas. I think the golden would be a good choice.

slingshot said:
When I win the lottery, the Golden is the detector I want.
You couldn't put the Compadre down long enough to use it ;) .