Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

which new Garrett Ace?

lrademac08

I've always used the simple basic detectors Tesoro Silver uMax, classic Fisher 1212-X, about the most complicated one I've ever had was a Whites Prizm. Someone at a local park was using a Garrett Ace i think it was the 350 model. I asked them several questions and aside from the bright yellow, i was quite intrigued by it. I got a new garrett catalog and have been pouring over the info about the Aces - i did not see any thing about an Ace 350... I do have a budget to think about, but Wondering if anyone can give some good tips, about which Ace to look more closely at.
Thanks anyway!

I got the Ace 400. Also a step up for me (used old tech gear prior). It sometimes has a problem ringing high on trash but I am very impressed with the performance and functions. The most impressive item is the depth that it will locate targets. My house was built in 1926 and I thought I had recovered all the junk from my yard. This Ace unit however proved me wrong. I pulled another 30-40 coins up not to mention a few other relics. I've not had it that long and still trying to get comfortable with it. Good luck on your choice but I don't think you can go wrong with a Garrett.

The ACE 400 is a good buy. Quite simple to use. Turn it on, pick a program and start detecting. Here's my field test summary, if you hadn't seen it yet,,,,,

https://www.findmall.com/read.php?32,2303142,2303142#msg-2303142

And a short video "THE GARRET ACE 400 DOES WATER"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8npfSWLvnlI

so the only difference between the Ace 400 and Ace 400i is the I = International. I see the 400i uses cm on its depth reading. Are there any other differences between the two variations?

As you and many others know it's easy to get your value in coins with machines in this price range. My brother and I got the Ace 250 when it first came out. And their still ticking. Mine paid for itself pretty quick, and found enough for a good down payment on an AT Pro. The Pro pulled enough Treasure to buy a Infinium. The Infinium , has done the same just counting a few of it's gold finds. In the end it's the potential of the sites you hunt that dictates the machine you need. Don't need a Elephant gun to hunt Rabbits.

I agree with Dancer, et al. Just would add the sniper coil is worth the extra investment for the Aces. I STILL use my 250 and that's the only coil I use.

dont like the look, feel, of the AT Pro/Max/Gold line. they have more features than i need. i want simplicity. which is why i am still looking at either an ace 300 or an ace 400.

well for now have started saving for the Ace 400. it seems to have and offer everything I need and with its freebies - coil cover, headphones, environmental cover, seems a great value at $350+ (depending on where I can buy it). will still use my old whites prizm IV as a backup detector.