Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

which of you strictly hunts in a relic style scenarios?

Bowie

I hunt mainly in ag fields where a home once stood,lots of rusted nails,farm implements and my ground is relative mild.
With the MXT/MXTPro what is your set up on the machine,what coils work best?
I enjoy a 2 tone and even use one tone in these areas. Trying ,hoping to keep masking down a bit. Every little bit helps.
Sometimes I use no disc,sometimes just enough to make a nail crackle.
Of course its site dependent upon how much sensitivity to run,keeping falsing to a minimum.
Which of the relic modes do you favor?
I know about iffy signals and dig a lot of trash,mostly iron but come up with a keeper time to time.
Is it difficult to tell a false high tone from a hint of a good high tone when using 2 tones?
Hoping what I wrote is clear enough but, I am believing if you strictly hunt in a spot like this you understand what Im looking for.
Thanks,
John