Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which One SEF 15x12 or 18x15 Coil for the SOV/GT

Waterman

I am about to purchase my 2nd SOV/GT this winter, in the past I have used the WOT 15" Coil with great sucess, how-ever this time I am looking at getting a S.E.F. coil for hunting deep rings & coins on both fresh & salt water beach's. I have not been able to find many posts regarding the 18x15 SEF coil, has anyone tried one yet? Which coil would you suggest that I buy & use?
Thanks for all your help everyone

I have and use the 15 x 12 SEF for on the beach. Very stable but some what on the heavy side.
Also have a 18 " goldsearch that go's on my MineLab SD2200d. This coilis far to heavy to swing
more that a few minute's at a time ( any 18" coil is! ). But more important; coil's larger than 15"
see to much minerallzation and are for the most part to unstable to use on most beach's. I am
able to use my 18" on Gulf coast beach's by keeping it pressed down on the sand and just
sliding it. If I try to hold it above the sand it becomes very unstable due to the up and down bounce
due to walking and the spring of the shaft. Also pinpointing is a very hit and miss affare. Take my
word on it a 15 x 12 is as large as you really need and on wet sand it will have you digging hole's
that fill in faster than you can dig.

if u can stand the extra weight and the wave drag on the 12 x 15 - it is one fine ticket.

i have had the wot and s-12, both great beach coils, but for me they both would false when hitting the sand or under certain wave action. i have always been a coil scrubber and i could not do this with either one of these two, but with the sef............like 18000 said is very very stable.

toss up on depth compared to Wot, but it does seperate much better and pin points better than the Wot.

i give the sef the edge on all points except weight and working in the waves. several of my buddies have the sef, both 10x12 and 12x15 and they all lovem as i do now.

just my opinions