Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which one to buy Anfibio or the Equinox

sidney

I am thinking on getting another detector to go with my others. Either the Anfibio or Minelab Equinox can you tell. me which one is the deepest. I hunt for relics the most in woods and fields and in creeks sometimes. Thanks for your help.

You'll probably get suggestions from both sides. I traded the Equinox towards the Anfibio for several reasons which I won't go into on here. Both are good and deep. Good luck.

While there are a pile of equinox users and some Anfibio users, I think the number of people who have used both, might be dramatically slimmer.

Depth is believe it or not subjective. As I understand it both these machines are deep, and I believe if you make your choice solely on depth you may not neccesarily pick the machine that's best for you.

I myself have never used the equinox and have been a minelab guy in the past. This time I chose the non minelab product and ended up with the Anfibio. If you are looking for an upgrade and are looking at these machines, you will probably be happy with either, but at the same time think you are missing something and may second guess your choice.

Best of luck

Big Treble said:
Depth is believe it or not subjective. As I understand it both these machines are deep, and I believe if you make your choice solely on depth you may not neccesarily pick the machine that's best for you.

Agreed ! There are so many important characteristics to look for besides depth.

I use the Multi Kruz and Eqinox both go deep. Was going to trade up to Anfibio but will wait for a Multi Kruz with all freq. working at once!

I have the Nox 800 and the Multi Kruzer. I also had the Anfibio but I found the Anfibio to basically be the MMK with a few added programs which I didn't use. I also like the fact that the MMK is lighter weight and I also prefer the "S" rod configuration. I think both the Nox and the Nokta/Makro detectors have a place in most anyone's arsenal. I think the Nox is a better saltwater beach detector, but the MMK is a better ghost town detector. When I can use the larger (11") coil, the Nox is used. When I need to use a smaller coil, it's time to get out the MMK/small coil combo. I do have the 6" coil for the Nox but it can't really compete with the MMK in the trashy iron infested sites.

Tom Slick said:
I have the Nox 800 and the Multi Kruzer. I also had the Anfibio but I found the Anfibio to basically be the MMK with a few added programs which I didn't use. I also like the fact that the MMK is lighter weight and I also prefer the "S" rod configuration. I think both the Nox and the Nokta/Makro detectors have a place in most anyone's arsenal. I think the Nox is a better saltwater beach detector, but the MMK is a better ghost town detector. When I can use the larger (11") coil, the Nox is used. When I need to use a smaller coil, it's time to get out the MMK/small coil combo. I do have the 6" coil for the Nox but it can't really compete with the MMK in the trashy iron infested sites.

Thanks Tom. I only have the the Equinox 800. But the MMK sounds like a nice machine. Btw, have you ever found anything of value by hunting ghosttowns? I avoid ghosttowns. The reason why they became ghosttowns is because of poverty.

I've got the Nox, have owned the Multi Kruzer and have also got to play with an Anfibio multi. I kinda felt the same way about the Anfibio as Tom said...basically the same as the Multi Kruzer; even the coils will interchange between the two.

The catch here is, it depends on two things really...what kind of soil you have and what kind of relics you are hunting for.

I haven't found the Nokta machines to be deep in mineralized ground. They like mild to benign ground conditions. If that is your soil type, you will see a depth edge to the Nokta/Makro machines. If you start to get into mineralized ground, this changes big time and the Minelab comes out on top.

The Equinox favors low to mid conductors. It works OK in iron, especially for an 11 inch coil. Not a fan of the 6 inch coil on it though. The other thing is...if you are after iron relics, I wouldn't recommend the Equinox. I have a site that has cannonball and shell frags, and cannister balls....along with fence wire, nails, etc. The Equinox really compresses the iron range and you can't really get a feel for what size the iron is, and the numbers are all basically the same in the iron area....so shell frags and fence wire sound too close to the same. If you were water hunting for shells and that kinda thing....I wouldn't want to have one. That's where the Anfibio/Multi Kruzer would pull ahead again IMO.

I sold my Kruzer and did not buy an Anfibio after seeing how similar to the Kruzer that it was. Two good things about them....they have great customer service and a wide range of coil options. I just wish they worked better in my soil.