Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which one to buy...

poorman

Cost is not a factor....Considerations....Ease of operation.....Stability....Depth....Comfert...Build Quality....and finally, Resale Value. Which to buy, F 70 or T2

I haven't had either one, but I'm on my second F75 - the younger cousin of the T2. Based on what I've read, the T2 is very similar to the F75 so although I can't give you advice, I can tell you it would be helpful to those that can, if you included your primary hunting locations/targets. Are you looking for coins in parks or relics in fields (and hopefully not intending wet saltwater sand)? Personally, if I had it down to these two, I'd have to go with the DD coil. If you can afford an F70 and the 11" DD then they probably perform very similarly.

I'm looking forward to reading the replies - its a good question. :thumbup:

I am a staunch Fisher...F 75 user, but will most likely get a T 2 as a sidekick to my 75. I am still concerned with some of the problems that there seemingly are with a few of the F 70's. The F 70's/75's are great land detectors be it for coinshooting or relics...and so is the T 2. None are great in the wet sand, but I can attest that with proper settings, the F 75 does hunt wet sand more then decently...so I would think the 70 could as well. My 2 cents, anyway. HH jim tn

Well call me insane but I've had all three. LOL.

I've had the F-75 longer than any machine I've ever had and that speaks volumes for those that know me! It will take a hefty machine to make me lay down the F-75 for it. But you were asking about the F-70 and T2 so I will start on those.

The T2 I had was one of the first generation ones. I really hope they have fixed the problems they had...as I know they have with the F-75. The problem I had with my T2 was the battery compartment deal. If you bumped that thing ever so slightly, the machine would reset itself. I mean you could do it laying the machine down to dig and as we all know how prone they are to falling over on the side...just that little jolt would reset it and you'd have to go back through all your settings again. So if they've fixed THAT particular problem with them, I would give the go on the T2 over the F-70. It is very similar to the F-75 and I actually like the more open iron range on it than the F-75s short iron ID range. It seemed to do better in the iron dirt ground (that reads above the .3 on the FE meter) than the F-75 does.

Now going to the F-70. At first I kinda liked the little machine. In air tests and playing around in the yard, it was an alright little dude. In the real world, I tried hunting with it myself but always ended up taking it back to the truck and getting the 75 out. I hunt in hot ground and the stock coil on the F-70 is junk for hot ground. So naturally I put the F-75 coil on it and to be honest, it does help it drastically! But I found even with it, that it wasn't as depth capable as the F-75 and it did false quite a bit in the hot ground even with the F-75 coil on it. The meter screen was flimsy, I personally don't like the grip on it, and overall I just don't think it is worth $650.