Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which one would I get..?

Sonorguy

So I've been doing a lot of research, and watching every single Fors Core video I can find, and I'm just waiting till I can afford my purchase. But that brings up my question.
If I order one from amazon or Kelly Co., how do I know if I'll get the one with the black up and down 'switches', or one with the red 'button type' up down selectors? Also I'm a lefty, so that means
my screen would always be facing away from me.. :(. I take it there's no way to fix that issue, not that it would be a deal breaker. Also, is there a backlight on the ID number on the handle, or just on the big screen..?
Thanks for all your info past and present!!
HH

Yep, lefty models. I'm a lefty but use the right handed model. Once you turn on, and put in your settings for that site, there is no reason to look at the display on the side while hunting AND when you go to re-sell the unit it will be harder to sell a lefty unit. Just something to consider- one lefty to another. Great machine!

Dean

Thanks for the replies, Good point on the re-selling bit dbado1, I mostly relic and coin hunt, not looking for nuggets, but yes, have pondered the Fors Gold.
not sure if it's a better machine for deep coins or not..?, but I'm not into digging up tiny tiny bits of lead shot etc..maybe if I lived where there are nuggets it would be of more interest.
Thanks again guys!

+1 on the Racer 2.

The CoRe and the Gold are the same except the CoRe has an additional setting for "salt" or highly conductive ground called "COG". Good if you intend to hunt at the beach.

I do lots of nugget shooting but use a PI unit for that task.