Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which one would you choose?

larryk56

I am going to buy another detector and would like to get some feedback.

I was just about to pull the trigger and get the Whites M6 (which has great reviews) and
then .... I just noticed that Garret just came out with the new ATMAX.

I'm only looking for coin and jewelry.

Sure would like to get some feedback on this!

Thanks!

For coins and Jewelry I'd go with the M6 for the money.

My vote would go for the M6,only advantage the Garrett has is that its waterproof,i never buy a brand new released machine until a minimum of 12 months has passed to see if any design or reliability issues appear,a classic recent case being the MX-Sport.

For coins & jewelry the M6 is a long proven (reliable) workhorse.-----Of the two you mentioned, it would surely be my choice.

Don't overlook the MXT PRO. It gives you some features the M6 lacks and is a proven work horse like the M6.
I wouldn't buy a new machine until I have read test reports on it and it has been on the market for a while.
White's detectors are built like a tank. Good luck with whatever you buy.......HH

Roger

I understand the being cautious, but also remember, the early bird get the worm.

IF you hunt in an area with lots of competition sometimes that new tech can pay off in a big way. And sometimes it doesn't.

Can get expensive to find out to!------Voice of experience speakin here.:)
Southwind said:
I understand the being cautious, but also remember, the early bird get the worm.

IF you hunt in an area with lots of competition sometimes that new tech can pay off in a big way. And sometimes it doesn't.

My vote would be for the AT Max. I would also look at the new Teknetics Patriot. I think that one will "out deep" the other 2.

Mega,

I totally agree with you and feel the same. However in the case of Garrett, they fixed the issues with the AT PRO / GOLD. The AT Max seems to be near identical on the outside (so I am hoping any and all issue (s) has been completely resolved :blink: ?) I hope so because I have one ordered lol

Mega said:
My vote would go for the M6,only advantage the Garrett has is that its waterproof,i never buy a brand new released machine until a minimum of 12 months has passed to see if any design or reliability issues appear,a classic recent case being the MX-Sport.