Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which one ?

confederate joe

Looking at getting a fisher to keep in the truck any way 36 years of digging colonial civil war and old coins have pulse , vlfs whites Garett nokta Minelab yes have them all ,,, so what fisher do I need all around machine ,,, and some hot ground Thanks

I have an old Gold bug pro but they have updated to the F 19 and g2+ it has the hardest lock on to a good target that I have ever had. If you get a 57 you got a three ringer. I bought one of the newer offerings from another manufacturer and maybe is slightly deeper but the flutey tones are not for me. That one will be used at the beach.

F5 is an older machine but I see prices are down considerably. Its a good machine if you’re silver coin chasing and works admirably on other targets. If purchased I would do as suggested here and put O-rings under the control knobs to stiffen them up when setting adjustments. I wouldn’t hesitate designating it as a tag along detector and it won’t break the bank.

The F 75 in moderate ground is an excellent detector. It was my main unit for 15 years and did me very well, both for coin hunting as well as relic. Depth drops off pretty good, though, in hot ground. If you don't have a
Equinox I would suggest the Nox 600. Less $$ then the 800 and works great in hot ground. IMHO anyway. HH jim tn

Joe, I've had an F5 now for 7 years, it's a keeper for sure.
Modulated sound is excellent, when the coin is deep you know it.
You can run over 40 hours on two 9 volt batteries.
Loves silver.
Tough as nails, sent my F5 in once for a factory update and that's it. It was working ok when I sent it in, it was sort of a factory recall.
My brother WV62 hunts with an etrac and we compare targets a lot of times before digging just for fun, both machines Agee on what's down there 99% of the time.
You'll be happy with the F5.😁

I have an old Gold bug pro but they have updated to the F 19 and g2+ it has the hardest lock on to a good target that I have ever had. If you get a 57 you got a three ringer. I bought one of the newer offerings from another manufacturer and maybe is slightly deeper but the flutey tones are not for me. That one will be used at the beach.
"flutey tones" ! LOL Wonder what that one might be...

Like an opera soprano with a frog in her throat….😂

Thanks for the info

If you're looking for a Fisher metal detector only, I have to agree about the F-5. Shouldn't have sold my last one. I hunt trashier sites, both urban and remote, so I liked the 7" Concentric for regular use and 5" DD for more littered places. Excellent on-the-fly adjustments, and the GB functions with both All Metal and Discriminate modes.

Monte

I bought the original F5 from Bill Ladd The detector is very nice for old people like me a very big display . I like the detector good for about 7 to 8 inches on three ringers. Having the dirt meter or feo3 read out is a real plus. If you are getting a lot of iron hits look at the bars they go from 1 to 4 depending on the amount of iron in your soil. The gold bug I have is better at identifying targets in highly mineralized ground but they both serve a purpose. For a coin shooter it is the bomb easy to see the numbers and you can change the gain versus sensitivity if you are having an emi problem . Old but effective. Good design I wish they would have taken forward. Some might say the omega was that but it is what it is. If you every get a chance read Mike Hillis's guide on the F5.

I carry a newer Gold Bug in my vehicle. It is simple, easy to use, accurate, quiet, quite sensitive, and works well in my highly mineralized ground (86-87 ground balance, 3+ bars).

I’ve used a few of the f-series fishers and they have all been nice machines. The f-75 would be my first pick though, I really like that machine.

I really loved my F5 but my urban EMI really limited it as I liked the audio best with high positive threshold settings. EMI required low gain settings if I wanted to keep that robust high threshold audio. Once I got my hands on a F75 LTD with DST and saw how it could handle my high EMI environment I was totally sold on it and it is now my #1 Fisher pick.

The hardest thing to learn on the F75 is the sweep speed. Depth requires a fairly brisk sweep speed.

If you are a brass hunter you should take a look at the F44. I don't know why but it really resonates with brass.

Good luck,
HH
Mike

The hardest thing to learn on the F75 is the sweep speed. Depth requires a fairly brisk sweep speed.
True ... and that kills my elbow; even with the great ergonomics ... but if the version you get has boost mode you can slow the sweep down. Boost mode likes a slower sweep which is why I run nearly always in boost mode.