Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which PI is best for volcanic black sand?

A

Anonymous

Hello Eric, Bill & the Guv,
Thanks for having a PI classroom.
The nearby beaches we have here in Manila are ALL BLACK. If that isn't bad, the Philippine archiepelago is born of volcanic origin and some people in the forums claim that magnetic black sand is not workable even for a PI (not my opinion as i don't have a PI yet). Further, I know that a PI does not have discrimination but is there some PI unit that can allow me to work black sand beaches that are heavily littered w/ trash? There must be a PI that can do best in this environment. Tks in advance.
Douglas (Manila)

Hi Douglas,
It sounds as though the beaches in the Philippines are similar to those I encountered in the Canary Islands. These are of volcanic origin and I took a standard PI there whilst on holiday 18 months ago and found it virtually unuseable on black sand beaches. The only current PI that stands a chance of working is the SD2200 and maybe the 2100. I was hoping to try this last winter but had to cancel because of my wife