Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which pinpointer

jst2kool

I want to get a pinpointer for my M6, Should i get the garrett pinpointer or the new Sun Ray ?

If you only have one detector then the sunray would be a good investment.If you have multiple dectectors of different brands the definitely the propointer.Also it would seem the sunray would be a little slower in recovery time compared to a handheld.

I myself use the Sun Ray i have never used the Garrett the one thing that I like about the Sun Ray it is a in line probe I run in tone ID so the sound you get from the coil is the same sound you here with the probe. So with the M6 having tone Id I like hearing the tones when I use the probe.:twodetecting::whites::cheers: There is on delay with the probe that I can here .

[size=large]i notice my garrett pro pointer does interfere with the MXT Pro. probly will be the same with m-6.

HH[/size]

i use a merlin SXT that i have had for about 10 years and i really like it and have never had a problem with it

I have both, bought the Sunray first and it does a real good job. Once I bought the Garrett, I haven't used the Sunray since. Good points for the Sunray is that you can't leave it behind and you can adjust the sensitivity and discrimination with the detector. Bad points are that it adds a fair amount of weight to the detector and your always have cables all over the place, and lastly you can only use it with the detector that it is designed for. The Garrett's good points are that it is light, and real deep, and it don't matter which detector you take with you, as you can still use the Garrett. Bad points are that it is always at full power, so when you are trying to keep your hole small it is hard to get an accurate location because as soon as you get near the hole it goes off, and if you are using an MXT or M6 it will drive your detector nuts unless you hold your detector out and away while you use the pinpointer. Also, you have to make sure that you don't leave it behind.

Garrett Pro Pinpointer. Worth every penny . Dont want the extra weight of the DX-1 hanging on my detector. :thumbup: I even use the garrett pro as a 'stud finder' when hanging pictures. Its impressive. CCH

If you'll hold the propointer close to your target area and turn it off & on again, it will automatically detune making it easier to locate smaller targets.

I have both. And like both for their different strengths. I attached a coiled plastic key chain cord to my Garrett and hook the other end to the buckle on the belt that holds my pouch. That way I can't accidentally leave it behind when moving from find to find.
BB

The Propointer and the M6/Mxt's hate each other. I have to turn my sens down everytime I use it because of all the chatter my detector makes. I wish the Propointer had a switch inside to change the frequency. It gets to be a pain turning the sens all the time. You can mount the Sunray probe on the M6's box to help in the balance and weight. Or you can carry the SR probe in your pocket to keep the weight off too. Maybe Whites will come out with an auto tuning probe?

[video]http://youtu.be/H_IWUixo5c8[/video] Here is a picture how I got the DX-1 probe mounted on the box that way it take the weight off of the coil also I put the cable over the probe you can set it up on your M6 this way. Also here is a video showing the probe in use you can pinpoint with it just like using the coil. The main thing I like with the probe is the sound you here with the coil you here when you use the probe hope this help you happy hunting.:twodetecting::cheers:

I have the SunRay probe on my 6T. The new design for the probe on the 6T is smaller and lighter than the old style that was on my CZ5. It also works much better. I assume the probe for the M6 would also be the new design. It is always with you and the discrimination and tones are great features. I lost 2 pinpointers by laying them down and leaving them behind.

Thanks for all the info. I got the Garrett Pro-Pointer.

The Sunray DX-1 is actually a 3/4" coil similar to the one at the bottom of the detector. It can also be used in cracks and crevices and battery is shared with the detector and hardly uses any power. Only problem is forgetting to switch back to the coil and not finding anything til you figure out you forgot to switch it back.