Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which pinpointer

Billium

I will be getting a pin pointer just before the snow melts.
I am looking at the Garrett Pro Pointer and the Minelab Pro-find.
I don't know much about the Minelab as it is new. Any one have advice and/or opinions comparing the two?

the propointer is a great pinpointer. I have never used the minelab, but read some reviews on it and everyone seemed to favor the propointer.

Pro-Pointer all the way. Costs less than the Pro-Find and you get more bang for your buck with Garrett's excellent customer service .. :clapping:

I did the research & read the reviews on pin pointers before I bought mine. IMO the Garrett Pro Pointer is rated as high as others that cost $100 more. It is as simple as it gets & is a true time saver. They run $150 on Garrett's site but if you wish to they can be found on EBay for $127.45. You may also want to contact Bart Davis, Bart@BigBoysHobbies.net. I know he has helped many members on the forum.....HH

Thanks all, that's kind of the way i was leaning. Sure will be a lot better than the radio shack version i am using now.

I owned them both. Both are good...many have personal preferences...I just use what works without distinction to manufacturer. Both are about as sensitive to targets in the ground...far better than any other pointer besides the UniProbe. Uniprobe hands down was deeper..no contests..tested it against the Propointer. Problem is the Uniprobe is too big to carry and you don't need that much depth on a probe.
The Minelab and Garrett have just enough depth to be great without being too much that you pick up neighboring trash targets.
Garretts costs a bit less so that is a factor, I now have the Minelab only because I got a deal on it. Again either one will work just as good as the other. Especially coming from a Radio Shack or any other pinpointer. Compared to these two the rest are worthless.
scott

I like the G.pro. I used it with my mxt and etrac but my son is using it now, I also have a pistol probe that is about 2-3 times as deep but can be detuned to perform like the others, however at full strength you can pinpoint a target 4-6" deep before you dig a hole and therefor make a more precision dig.