Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which second coil?

Picketwire

I have a Vista X coming. What coil should be my second one, XS, Super 6, 8 inch concentric or 5.7 and why? I would appreciate your thoughts.

What kind of conditions/sites do you plan to hunt?

Although there are many different conditions and sites near here, iron infested--nails, flat "tin"--in medium to heavily mineralized dirt would be it specialty. It would also be nice if it works well in aluminum trash like my Tesoros. For me, the 5.7 is redundant because I have the small T2 coil along with a Nel Snake for it and the small concentric and DD coil for the English equivalent of the Vaquero, the Laser Trident II SE. What I am looking for is, "I like this one because..."

In medium iron nails, where there may be only one or two under the coil at one time I like the 8" XS if there is a chance of deeper good targets, the Super Six for a bit tighter, shallower work and the 8" Concentric if the iron is particular falsey, especially flat iron/tin. In other words, the 8XS has the best depth, the Super Six the best separation, the Concentric the best Disc/Tone stability. They are all excellent with slight differences. The 8" Concentric is not quite as good when it comes to Aluminum for me. I need that narrow toe to isolate a good target in pull tabs. The Vista X breaks Iron much easier than Al.