Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which smaller coil is the best/most used on the XLT ?

A smaller coil would have been helpful yesterday! So far I've seen 5.3 - 6 - 8 ? TKS-

My favorite small coil is my Blue Max 350, I don't think anything can top it for separation in the trash. I have heard some great things about the 4X6 elliptical but have not used one. I have a 5.3, and consider it a good all around coil, but not a great coil in the trash, and it's not that much deeper than the 350. I had an 8 inch and never found a real use for it, not nearly as deep as the 950, and no better in the trash, so I sold it.

I guess if you go small you can't get much smaller then 3.5!

My hunting buddy for 8 years was an XLT Guru and most of the time had his 5.3 on and saw him dig many 8 inch silver dimes....stock 9.5 was in his trunk...This ought to tell you something....
More of a slow swinger myself so for depth use a CZ or Explorer...remember a medium fast swing on an XLT equates to good depth....

Yep, it needs a little quicker sweep to work well, I'll prob go with the 5.3 now - Eclipse? Bullseye? ? ? or what?

Not most used but has many advantages is the Jimmy Sierra Eliminaor coil. Six inch double co-axial. Reduces interference from other machines and power lines. Plus in all metal you can detect under wire fences as its top shielded.

UK Brian said:
Not most used but has many advantages is the Jimmy Sierra Eliminaor coil. Six inch double co-axial. Reduces interference from other machines and power lines. Plus in all metal you can detect under wire fences as its top shielded.

Sounds great for doing playgrounds too. Interesting. I'll look into it. TKS

Now I've done it- they make DD coils(wide scan) for the XLT?? Anybody have good luck with em?