Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which stavr scoop????

borntofli

Which stavr scoop do you have, and can you tell me the +'s and -'s of them.... I have had an rtg 6" scoop and it was great in the dry-wet sand but was not well draining in the water... I now have a stealth but the straight handle(90 degree) is useless in the water...And the non-round design makes it tough to wiggle it to get deep and get the target in one scoop.... the round rtg 6" was great for this, but wasnt wide enough and didnt have enough holes to get the sandy muck out easily....

I've narrowed my choice down to a couple stavr's, but am just wanting reports on which one you have and the plusses and downsides of each.....

What is the reason for a 90 degree handle.... I can see no advantages after using one.... Maybe I am missing something.....

Thanks.......

i have the KREPISH v.11 and its great used it in the water this morning it was ok i will get the bigger one for the water

i used it in the rocks havy shells and clay wet sand no problems ...i have it with ash wood habdle from home depot

I checked to see what scoops were available a couple weeks ago, only the sKREPISH v.11 and MONSTRIK-10 were in-stock at that time.

I have had the MONSTRIK 10 for a couple of months now and to be honest I can't think of any downside except the weight but that's a small price to pay, its built like a tank! It has coped with everything, clay, shell, shale, stone, rock and has performed perfectly, given the option, I would buy the same model again without question, a great scoop and has taken a lot of punishment.

Regards

Phil

and he buys them from the same place that this guy buys them.
http://skoop.okis.ru/price.html

and he assured me that he makes the scoops and does not get them from someone else. He said the others are a fake copy.

I guess we have to be careful no matter what we buy..

I have the Stavr Krepish v.11 and its a great scoop. Only problem is finding a good handle for it. First wood handle broke but i don't think it was ash. I put a fiberglass handle on it, but i can see it stressing without very much tension, so i know if i keep using it, it will break. I hate to use a wood handle that is not a perfect fit in the socket. Now i am considering getting some stainless tubing to use for the handle. It will be heavier but strong. I think aluminum would not work because of a possible reaction between the 2 different metals.

The scoop at the bottom of that page Mel listed is just like mine. And I mean exactly, like the welds look identical. So i don't think the others shown on that site are a copy, i'm sure its made by the same person as who made my scoop. Its possible they bought some from Stavr to post on their site, and if you order from them you get a knock off that they themselves make. I guess anything is possible though, but Stavr has many more products listed on his site, which are not on the Skif site, pictures of 11 different scoops and descriptions of a couple of rakes. Also, I had a really good experience ordering it from Stavr. I had to wait a bit because he was out of the tool he uses to make the hexagonal holes, but that was fine because I think those holes have a real advantage over the round holes (catching smaller items while letting more sand through). But it didn't take long and shipping was quick, and it was exactly as expected. Compared to the cost of some other scoops I think it is a good value. Now if I can just make a good handle for it.

Hi, I also have the KREPISH. This June will be a year since I got it. I got an ash handle from Home Depot and sanded it down a little at a time to get a snug fit. I didn't varnish or wax it and it's still strong. You still have to use common sense. In heavy , tight packed wet sand, there sometimes is a lot of suction, and the best thing is a steady pull untill it let's go. If you try to horse it out too quickly, you could damage ANY handle. The ash handle only cost about $9 bucks and is worth a try.
Marc
verylazybeachbum said:
I have the Stavr Krepish v.11 and its a great scoop. Only problem is finding a good handle for it. First wood handle broke but i don't think it was ash. I put a fiberglass handle on it, but i can see it stressing without very much tension, so i know if i keep using it, it will break. I hate to use a wood handle that is not a perfect fit in the socket. Now i am considering getting some stainless tubing to use for the handle. It will be heavier but strong. I think aluminum would not work because of a possible reaction between the 2 different metals.

The scoop at the bottom of that page Mel listed is just like mine. And I mean exactly, like the welds look identical. So i don't think the others shown on that site are a copy, i'm sure its made by the same person as who made my scoop. Its possible they bought some from Stavr to post on their site, and if you order from them you get a knock off that they themselves make. I guess anything is possible though, but Stavr has many more products listed on his site, which are not on the Skif site, pictures of 11 different scoops and descriptions of a couple of rakes. Also, I had a really good experience ordering it from Stavr. I had to wait a bit because he was out of the tool he uses to make the hexagonal holes, but that was fine because I think those holes have a real advantage over the round holes (catching smaller items while letting more sand through). But it didn't take long and shipping was quick, and it was exactly as expected. Compared to the cost of some other scoops I think it is a good value. Now if I can just make a good handle for it.

What about a good travel scoop? The handle on the stavrs pretty much eliminates them for travel, doesn't it? I have been trying to find a good travel scoop for a while now and can't decide.

The Sunspot Stealth now has a Travel Handel. It looks good. Otherwise Reillys Treasured Gold has travel scoops and also Bill Babbs makes one. I believe they are similar.

The way to solve the travel problem is to take the handle off the scoop when you travel and walk with it as a cane....

Acting handicapped will get you priority in the long lines at the airport....

borntofli said:
The way to solve the travel problem is to take the handle off the scoop when you travel and walk with it as a cane....

Acting handicapped will get you priority in the long lines at the airport....

Lol... love the idea.

I've got a couple of StavR scoops and you can have trouble in holding on to them, have had a number of beach hunters wanting to buy them.
As for traveling with one, well since you have to fit your own handle it's just a matter of making one or two that is suitable for what you want to do.

I wanted one with small holes and Ruslan made it to order, it's a nice feeling it's also a fact.
I choose fibreglass handles that are solid core at the bottom and hollow at the top that way they stand up next to you when in shoulder deep water.
There is also a hunky super magnet in the top end under the rubber grip.

PC175538.jpg
P2055713aa.jpg
Project3.jpg

ivanll