Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which T2 is the best??

Was wanting to purchase a T2. In searching I found that there are many versions (6.0, 6.5, 6.6, 6.7, and 6.9). Also there are the SE and LTD models. Various color schemes and finally the mode that it starts in (am or disc). Little confused at which is the best. I hunt in thick iron home sites and also for Civil War relics. Plan to get both coils. I know that newer (versions) doesn't always mean better. Thanks ahead of time for the input.

Just grab the new T2 SE..
It comes with both coils and you will have the extra mods...

Which T2s have the Boost mode?? As far as the version thing....its easy to get caught up in it when consumers (that have used more than one version) comment that one runs smoother than another. Also if there were no software changes then why is one hotter than another?? To me its either a version thing or a quality control thing. So far it sounds like the 6.6 (or higher) is better.

johnnybegood said:
Just grab the new T2 SE..
It comes with both coils and you will have the extra mods...

Do all the SE versions have the extra mods??? I was under the impression that only the LTD had the mods. Thanks

Same detector..Its really called the special edition but sometimes its called the limited edition.
It says special edition on it ..

TellYaWhut------Only the (camo) T2 LTD & the (black) T2 SE have the bp & cl "boost"---hope this helps with your question.-------Del

more like a bird-in-the-hand. In short, the one that you own and use.

I have a friend who own an early-release T2 and, at almost six years old, it works great. I couldn't tell a difference in field performance between in and the 6.5 revision I bought earlier this year. The t2 is not a low-tech models and I think quite a few people buy a T2 or any other mid-to-high end detector but never really learn and master it. Therefore, they don't get the full performance out of it.

Naturally, for most hunting applications, the T2 or G2 or Omega, or even the Delta will provide ample performance to find most coins and smaller artifacts we are after. It is really a matter of learning when to use a different Audio Tone or a which mode to select and how much Sensitivity to use. Remember, too, that with the T2 you can adjust the Sensitivity separate for All Metal mode, the Discriminate mode and the pinpoint function. I know some hobbyists use too much Discrimination, some who don't learn and use a proper sweep speed for the process they are using or the site environment, and even selecting the proper search coils to get the job done can make a difference in your success.

There are only a couple of search options that make the T2 Camo LTD or the current T2 SE different from the standard T2. They are usually not search options that everyone will use often, and they call for more select use and coil presentation. All the rest of the display info and adjustment functions are the same and ALL the Teknetics T2's are going to provide ample in-the-field performance for any one who has one in their hand and learns it.

I can tell you that so many different detectors are out there that have gone thru a number of 'revisions' yet the consumer never knew/knows the difference from one to the others. When I left Compass Electronics their XP Pro was on Rev. H which is a 8th revision. Quite often the changes are rather minor and sometimes might only alert the repair techs what to look for when addressing and issue.

You can buy a great quality T2 for a very fair price compared with the competition's upper-end offerings. A T2 SE will come in black instead of dark green, have the two additional search options, and both search coils. If you're buying new and can appreciate the benefits of the excellent 5" DD coils (I can
:) ) then maybe the T2 SE is the way to go? If you have a local dealer, drop by and check them out and see what will work for you and your budget.

Merry Christmas, and the best of success in the New Year!

Monte

Monte said:
more like a bird-in-the-hand. In short, the one that you own and use.......................................

Monte

Well I'd have to agree.....the best detector I have in hand is the 1266x. Yesturday I dug a quarter sized target (trash) 16 inches deep. I about gave up, as the clay layer stuck to my shovel. That's what i get for using the solid 11 inch coil. I was just wanting to try a digital Tek (or Fisher). I'll keep the 1266x. Thanks

partial quote from Monte. "In short, the one that you own and use".

Great statement Monte

Monte said:
... more like a bird-in-the-hand. In short, the one that you own and use.
I'm fortunate because most of my detecting life has allowed me to own more than one or two models. In March I start on my 47th year of detecting and I don't see a 1-detector only in my arsenal anytime soon. I tend to grab the model I have and know best with the right coil for the task when I determine the likely needs for a particular site.

TellYaWhut said:
Monte...which One of the detectors that you own and use is the best???
Today, and for the rest of the year, :rofl: the Teknetics Omega is my primary-use detector for most hunting needs. I used to opt between the standard 9

Detectors have came a long way. Since every detector has its limitations, can't see owning just one model.....the only way would be to have every coil to cover every situation. Last week I was thinking of two detector models.....original Gold Bug (1) and the new digital GB. I believe they have the same frequency, yet so diffrent. In the old days coin shooting with a gold detector was unheard of. Coils also have come a long way.

How is the weight difference compared to the 1266x and the T2..
Dont forget you can swing a T2 all day with no problems...

johnnybegood said:
How is the weight difference compared to the 1266x and the T2..
Dont forget you can swing a T2 all day with no problems...

Both models are lightweight and balanced. The 1266x was released in 1991....a time tested model. Never had a problem with the 1266x, it is purely a relic machine. Will the digital models last as long??? Time will tell. Thanks

Im not sure how long they last.They do come with a 5 year warranty.
I feel my time is important...I would not want to be using 20 year old technology...Thats for sure.
With a 0-40 iron disc and probably the best target seperation in the industry....Why not?

Why not what?? John I am not looking to replace my 1266x. I am looking for a detector to accompany it. Whatever detector you have chosen to use is fine. My question is::: Which T2 is the best?? Thanks

Well ill tell ya whut...I would buy the T2 SE:lol: