Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which Tesoro do I get rid of?

I just got an insane deal on an Eldorado (in the micromax housing) which puts me at 4 detectors. My wife agreed to let me pull the trigger on the Eldo under the assumption that I would sell another to pay for it. I have a Whites machine (I am keeping), an original Bandido that is in excellent shape, and a Cutlass II micromax. I feel like keeping the Cutlass II is a good choice to keep in my car for an easy turn on and go detector, but the Bandido is my baby. I am torn. I know it's a pretty tame dilemma and either way I get to keep 2 excellent detectors. Any advice? I do mostly coin and jewelry hunting in mild soil.

Wow...I wouldn't be able to decide. All great units.

Maybe keep them all and buy your wife a nice gift? :angel:

mike

Well ... I currently have 15 detectors. Every time I think about selling one I have not used in a little while, I take it out to make sure it is performing correctly and then can't bring myself to part with it.

I would be interested in the Bandido if you decide to sell. email randyalbin@hotmail.com

There are several types of detectorists. Those who, like I was was, have an insatiable need to have an array of personal detectors, and those who simply realize that a couple of them fit their sites and hunting styles to produce the most finds. I feel that the Whites and one of the Tesoros probably does just that, and I bet your wife thinks the same.:rolleyes:

I am going to take them both out today and hunt a little. I am thinking slingshot may be right: The Eldo is going to be the best of both worlds. It has the size of the Cutlass and ground balance like the Bandido. I guess I will wait and see how hot the Eldo is before I make a choice, but I might just end up selling both. In that case, it would free me up to buy a different machine (maybe Bandido 2 micromax) in the future.

hahahaha

I would sell the Bandido

bschifferdecker said:
wheatymike said:
Did you get that Eldorado from Ebay?
Yes, I did.
If its the one that sold for $110 what a deal. I saw that listed and messaged the guy to see if he would add a buy it now. I guess he did. Good buy.

wheatymike said:
bschifferdecker said:
wheatymike said:
Did you get that Eldorado from Ebay?
Yes, I did.
If its the one that sold for $110 what a deal. I saw that listed and messaged the guy to see if he would add a buy it now. I guess he did. Good buy.
I guess I should be thanking you then. It showed up on my saved searches. It didn't say buy it now but when I clicked into it to add it to my watch list it had it listed BIN at that price. I couldn't have bought it any quicker. I had the fear that the listing price was a mistake and that I might get refunded and it might get relisted at a higher price. I watched my email all weekend waiting for the cancellation. It has shipped now so I am a little more at ease. Even if it needs to go to Tesoro it is still more than worth it.

Seen that too, went back to check and saw it was sold. I knew the buy it now wasn't there originally but I was still thinking maybe it was! Great score!