Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which two would be best?

Herb Jones

I have never detected on the beach, but I am Going down on New Years.... I don't have a good beach machine... but of those I own (see below) which would give me the best performance? If I need to avoid the wet sand, and just swing the dry, that's fine. I appreciate any guidance. I am guessing the T2, LST, and IDX PRO would be best, but I am
Unsure.

I have used my IDX Pro on the beach with good luck in the dry sand, but in the wet sand it falses every time the coil hits the sand. Good Luck.

Ive used my T2 se on wet sand. Just need to ground balance and lower sens a bit and good to go.

My experience. Most any decent machine will work on the dry. (Unless mineralization problems) On the wet near the surf, got to be careful. You're fun and success will depend mostly on the beaches your hunting. Oh, I would use a least a 8" coil.
Remember it only takes one swing, and good luck.
Dancer

I agree with Dancer..... and if your T2 will GB on the wet sand thats a plus even with reduced depth. This time of the year for dry sand hunting an active beach is a plus. Id use a larger coil and cover as much as you can looking for recent drops rather than deep targets. Spend one day looking for gold........... that means do a pattern or dont listen to high tones. People who dont regularly hunt the sand tend to dig a lot of coins...... yes you pick up some silver, but you can spend a lot of time digging. There are approximately 100 bad targets to every 1 good on the beach...... increase your chances.