Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which waterproof headphone's for Infinium?

Crispy Critter

Hi everyone. I've got a new Infinium and am trying to decide which waterproof headphone's to buy to use with it. I'm trying to decide between the Garrett and the Gray Ghost's. Was wondering about the Peltor's too but I'm not sure if they are even available for use with the Infinium. What brand's do you guy's and gal's like to use? Maybe there's another brand that I have not considered?

Thanks for any help - crispy critter

Since the Infinium phones have their own unique connector, it is not as simple as saying this brand or that brand is better. You will need an adaptor that is waterproof in order to hook up regular waterproof headphones to the machine. The headphones that come with the Infinium are waterproof at the connection but you cannot submerge the phones. I have used these when water hunting but I make sure that they do not get submerged. I'm looking forward to some other answers and in particular how they hook the headphones to the detector so they can be operated safely when submerged.

Hi Gord. Thanks for your reply.
I didn't mention it in my post but I was aware of the connector issue. I have heard that the connector could possibly be available for and can be attached to the Gray Ghost phone's. Not sure about the peltor's (spelling?) though. I was hoping to hear from someone that might have had a chance to compare the phone's and thus be able to give their thought's on them. Plus, I'm trying to get a little acrtion going on in this forum....lol!

HH- crispy critter

Garretts Blue when deep water hunting and diving.

Some wireless works well when shallow water beach hunting and when in wooded area.
P9155253_2.jpg

Lightweight behind head type is cool and comfortable on a hot day when wearing hat and shades.
Uniprobe is good when gold prospecting in colder month.
P9265318_600.jpg

ivanll

Thank you for the idea's Ivan. I especially like the idea of using wireless for beaches and land. I'll have to research them. HH-crispy critter

You can order a connection kit from Garrett and put it together and hook it up to one of the standard female jack plugs where you can hook in any type of headphone with a 1/4 inch jack. This option still does not make the unit 100% waterproof but if you are wet sanding in nice weather, then you can use a lighter pair of head phones or a particular brand you like the most.

The other option is after you put together the connector, solder it to a set of waterproof headphones for a permanent pair.

I bought a pack of the connectors and I have a pair of Grey Ghost under waters that I was going to attach them to, but I ended up lucking out because Gary Drayton had a pair of GG under waters with the connector already attached for sale, so I bought them.

SInce I put the GG under waters on, they have not come off my Infinium. The sound quality and comfort is much better than the stock headphones ( for the record, I never used the Garrett under water phones, so I am not sure how they sound or feel). At least for me it is. The hi/lo and lo/hi tones are much clearer and I feel I can tell the sound of shallow iron a bit better.

Rover....thank you for your helpful reply. :thumbup: