Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which would be better???

DiggerODirt

I am looking at 2 coils for the E-Trac...

Coiltek 15"WOT and the Detech 15x12 SEF

Which do yous think would be a better choice?

Thanks,

DiggerODirt said:
Just ordered the Ultimate 13". Now if this snow ever stops falling, I will let you know how it does.
HH,

If you're still out there Digger, do you know if you're gonna get a white or black one?

Reason i ask, is if the black ones are available now, i might just order one too and see how it compares to my NEL Tornado!

ironsight said:
DiggerODirt said:
Just ordered the Ultimate 13". Now if this snow ever stops falling, I will let you know how it does.
HH,

If you're still out there Digger, do you know if you're gonna get a white or black one?

Reason i ask, is if the black ones are available now, i might just order one too and see how it compares to my NEL Tornado!

What is the cord on your Tornado like to thread through the shaft ? the cord on the Sharpshooter is horribly thick and coiling is way to wide . I love the coil but can't adjust the length of the shaft after installing it and
I leave it permanently on the lower shaft. The cable coiling on the Ultimate is very tight and easy to install but I found the coil overall no better than the Pro coil in my dirt and the WOT covers more ground for about the same weight. One of the drawbacks to the SEF/Detech coils is that they only come with a one year warranty.

ODF, I heard on other posts that the two SEFs 15x12 and 10x12 are very similar in depth but of course the 15 is larger in size and weight.
I was also looking for a WOT but didn't buy it over the winter - still looking for one at a reasonable price

A friend I hunt with sometimes had the same problem being able to set the lower shaft to his liking because of the fat chord on the NEL coil. He cut four inches off the lower shaft, worked fine but made me cringe, those things are not cheap.--Wade